Lust Before Marriage

Hey you guys, I am 18 years old and I’ve received all my sacraments so far. I’ve always kept a strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and always knew he would send me the right man for whom he wants me to be with. I do strongly believe in Gods plan. I’ve been in a relationship with a man before and we have had pre marital sex. It was definitely more on the lust side rather than real love. We’ve had oral sex. I am still a Virgin and want to save sexual intercourse for the love of my life and the man I want to marry in the future. I really want to be with a Godly man, someone who is a gentleman and more on the old fashioned side. So yes, I have not had intercourse.
Although I am wondering if oral sex before marriage is a sin? If so, what can I do, any prayers to say for his forgiveness?

Go to confession and talk to your priest. I have a feeling this thread will get a lock on it soon.

3 Likes

Yes it is a sin—Take it to Confession

4 Likes

It is a mortal sin, so you should not receive Communion until you go to confession. Also, saying the Rosary helps—you can always count on Mary give you he grace you need to continue throuh life’s challenges.

3 Likes

Even entertaining lust in thoughts is grave matter.

Catechism

2351 Lust is disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure. Sexual pleasure is morally disordered when sought for itself, isolated from its procreative and unitive purposes.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

1 Like

All sexual acts outside of marriage are sinful, intercourse or otherwise. Simply make a good confession, and perhaps talk to a priest if you feel you need to.

The important thing is that you’re striving to live a good and holy life for whoever your future husband might be.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.