Luther and Liberals

Was Luther a liberal?

I would be of the opinion that he was.

We are no long held accountable for our actions.

We are just weak little beings; actually, we can’t do any good.

Not even God holds us accountable.

God says we are good when we are evil.

Since we cannot do any good, we should not hold any other humans being accountable for any of their evil actions.

And all of their actions are evil.

All of our actions are evil.

If God does not hold me accountable, you should not hold me accountable.

I should not hold any other person accountable.

It is good to be a Christian.

Should I feel sorrow or compassion for the non-Christians?

Well, just thinking out loud.

Now, Luther may have been wrong, but not that wrong!:rotfl:

We are just weak little beings; actually, we can’t do any good.
That’s not liberal. A liberal would say that we can’t do any wrong.

*Not even God holds us accountable. *
That’s liberal, though he only meant that about the elect. A liberal would say that God has no right to judge.

God says we are good when we are evil.
A liberal would say that we are good - that we’re but noble savages - and that God has no right to impose His values on us.

Since we cannot do any good, we should not hold any other humans being accountable for any of their evil actions.
A liberal would say that we can’t do any evil, or if we do something a liberal would consider evil, it is as a result of our upbringing, and we should not be held accountable either because we are incapable of evil in the first place, or because it’s our upbringing that made us do it.

And all of their actions are evil.
That’s definitely not liberal. A liberal would say that all our actions are good; there’s no such thing as good and evil anyway.

If God does not hold me accountable, you should not hold me accountable.
That’s liberal.

I should not hold any other person accountable.
As is this.

Jon K

I think you are correct, I made several mistakes, sorry!!!

An idea about your vision of liberals.

Liberals, however, think that nonliberal do nothing but evil, example, Bush and his family

Well, I will back to this later.

:smiley:
Yes, liberals think everyone and everything is good as long as they agree with them. Anyone who disagrees is an evil, hateful, intolerant and discriminating oppressor and bigot.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.