Luther and the Reformation

Are there any good books or websites that would go into detail about Luther and the Reformation? How good his intentions were? When he started calling the Papacy the Anti-Christ? Anything of usefullness? Thanks and God bless.

I dont know where you can go to get information on it sorry. However I took a Reformation class this past semester, one thing interesting I learned was that Luther wanted to remain Catholic. He did not want people to start a church and name it after him. Just found that interesting.

Good luck on your search

Hillaire Belloc’s books **How The Reformation Happened ** and **Characters Of The Reformation ** are a great start.

[quote=Roman_Catholic]I dont know where you can go to get information on it sorry. However I took a Reformation class this past semester, one thing interesting I learned was that Luther wanted to remain Catholic. He did not want people to start a church and name it after him. Just found that interesting.

Good luck on your search
[/quote]

If that is true, which it very well could be, why did Luther rip up and burn communications from the Vatican? Those actions do not seem to be consistent with values of wanting to remain Catholic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.