Luther Movie

imdb.com/title/tt0309820/

What did you guys think of this movie?

I’ve heard some criticism of the storyline, I personally am looking forward to seeing parts of a future work Fr Mitch Pacwa is putting together on the Reformation,viewed from several perspectives.

Boring, boring, boring. Watching paint dry is more entertaining - and I say that as someone who loves foreign and sub-titled movies.

It tried to do too much. I think, if I had been the one making the movie, I might have ended it with the the speech at Worms. PBS did what I consider an outstanding series on Luther a few years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=ni1gupkGAW0

I ask because while reading reviews I noticed that most Catholics greatly disliked it and most Lutherns just loved it. I was curious if that would hold true on this forum too. :slight_smile:

I’m undecided on whether I want to watch it. I dislike the glamorization of history.

Haven’t seen it, but looking at a synopsis, I can see why people could be mad. I personally don’t know what to think of Luther in real life. He’s a difficult person to learn the facts about. Everyone seems to dramatize everything he did. It sounds like an Ok movie. I’m interested now.

That’s what annoys me. On one side everyone makes him sound like a Saint, on the other everyone completely demonizes him. I’m really like to get a fair, true look at this man. I really would. Mind you I don’t have much respect for him but I don’t have to. :slight_smile:

Luther biographies are usually sanitized. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting that! It was actually really interesting.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.