Lutheran Rosary

xrysostom.com/pdf/lutheranrosary.pdf

Well. I learned something new today

Oh, that’s nice, I’m going to do that. Sorta-kinda. Needs an O My Jesus in there…

[quote="batman1973, post:1, topic:305536"]
xrysostom.com/pdf/lutheranrosary.pdf

Well. I learned something new today

[/quote]

thats pretty cool

ive seen the episcopallian rosary but this one is cooler - its more like our rosary!

I wonder if the earlier form of the Hail Mary is still considered valid by the Confraternity of the Rosary.:shrug:

Me too.

:thumbsup:

Have you started praying it?

Beautiful, thank you!

Not particularly new, as the date indicates. I’ve had it for a number of years, and use it occasionally. Darel Paul, as I understand it, converted to Catholicism some time back.

Jon

Mr. Darel Paul seems to think we are Lutheran outliers, Jon. :eek:

In his explanation of why he was converting, he mentions his difficulties with the ELCA, and then goes on to explain why he can’t move to the LCMS:

Moreover, it is bold audacity to claim the mantle of “real Lutherans” when the LCMS and the International Lutheran Council (the international expression of the LCMS) together constitute less than 5% of Lutherans worldwide.

Then again, we are Evangelical Catholics, anyway. :smiley:

As someone converting from the Lutheran Church the Holy Rosary was instrumental in my conversion. However if you are going to present this to the Lutheran Community you’re going to have to remove the “holy Catholic Church” from the creed.

I’d say use the Nicene creed but that says “One baptism for the forgiveness of sins” Great start however… I’d like to see a finished product

All that Catholic means in the Creeds is Universial. If you say otherwise, then the Orthodox Church could not say the Creeds.

I remember saying it as “one holy catholic and apostolic Church” when I learned it in my youth in a WELS Lutheran church. I don’t know when or how this got changed, to be honest.

I am currently saying the earlier form, but at the risk of straying from the Lutheran position I really can’t see what the problem would be with asking Mary to pray for me now and at the hour of my death, and thanking her for her prayers for us all. Isn’t this part of the communion of saints?

[quote="pablope, post:6, topic:305536"]
:thumbsup:

Have you started praying it?

[/quote]

I've never prayed a rosary before, not really sure how, is there a mindset to it? Or does one just pray?

If Lutheranism allows you to believe in the Communion of the Saints, then I don’t think it should pose any problems for you. The rosary is a personal devotion not a liturgy.

“One of us! One of us! One of us!” :wink:

I find myself circling back to the wedding at Cana, again and again - His first public miracle, done at the request of His Mother! I cannot imagine that He would suddenly stop listening to her petitions in heaven, nor can I imagine that she would stop making them. Since she would not have need to pray for herself in heaven, she necessarily would be praying for those on earth, right?

Due to a personal experience I had as a child, I am completely certain that due to intercessory prayers made for me my life was preserved here on earth through Christ’s mercy, and I know that Mary’s help was requested. I’m still here - I would be a fool to ignore this.

[quote="Stilldreamn, post:17, topic:305536"]
I find myself circling back to the wedding at Cana, again and again - His first public miracle, done at the request of His Mother! I cannot imagine that He would suddenly stop listening to her petitions in heaven, nor can I imagine that she would stop making them. Since she would not have need to pray for herself in heaven, she necessarily would be praying for those on earth, right?

Due to a personal experience I had as a child, I am completely certain that due to intercessory prayers made for me my life was preserved here on earth through Christ's mercy, and I know that Mary's help was requested. I'm still here - I would be a fool to ignore this.

[/quote]

:dancing::extrahappy::hug3:

And I circle back to Luke 15:7 *Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

If, in fact, there is joy in heaven over one who repents, it seems likely there is a basic knowledge of the plight of those of us in the Church Militant.
It seems to me the Lutheran approach then, knowing as we do that the saints in Heaven do indeed pray for us, is pray to God that He listen and hear their prayers on our behalf.
But if someone wants to practice invocation of the saints, I just can’t condemn a practice of the historic Church, east and west, by which millions of Christians have received comfort.

Jon

=Radyj;10039966]As someone converting from the Lutheran Church the Holy Rosary was instrumental in my conversion. However if you are going to present this to the Lutheran Community you’re going to have to remove the “holy Catholic Church” from the creed.

May you be blest in you coming confirmation. Gosh, I keep hoping the LCMS will end this silliness of printing it as “one holy Christian and apostolic Church”, then adding a note that the original said “catholic”. If it said catholic, then let’s say catholic.

I’d say use the Nicene creed but that says “One baptism for the forgiveness of sins” Great start however… I’d like to see a finished product

What’s wrong with “one baptism for the remission of sins”?

Jon

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.