(macro) evolution questioned by expert

Walt Brown PHD wrote a book called “In the Beginning” and I was told it’s online. In it he mentions posing a challenge to anyone to refute his finds in a debate with him but had no challenges. I’ll try to find it online and I’ll post it.
It’s so sad what happened to Kansas when it became the laughingstock of the world for deemphasizing that kind of evolution when Kansas was right and the world is reading a fairy tale based on unproven conclusions based upon unconnectable fossils. Noone’s talking about no dinosaurs, I don’t think. Noone said anything about “young earth”. Only such things as the impossibility of one species becoming another and the only possible answer to intelligent design vs. random selection as being God as First Mover. How did the Peking Man bones just disappear after the skeleton being proclaimed to the scientific community? I think some people are terribly afraid we have opened up a book with “Scientific Fact” as its title title on the book cover only to find a book of fairy tales based upon clues that may or may not be real and the scientific community will be rightly accused of establishment of a religion–scientific materialism.

I could never accept evolution in totality as it stands. It doesn’t take into account things such as chromosmal DNA.

For instance, if you breed a horse and a donkey together you get a mule. A horse and a donkey have a different number of chromosomes. This causes the mule to be sterile. How then, is the different numbers explained?

I believe that seven days is a symbol, but evolution is too incomplete.

Could Paul have been speaking to us today about macro evolution when he says:
ROM 1: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they have not glorified him as God, or given thanks; but became vain in their thoughts, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 For professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. 23 And they changed the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of the image of a corruptible man, and of birds, and of fourfooted beasts, and of creeping things.

Paul states that the Glory that belonged to God was given to an evolution of glory to the forms of life in descending order.
From man back to birds and fourfooted beasts then back to giving glory to creeping things (lizards, snakes, insects).

In the theory of evolution, man is the pnnnacle , which evolved from the same lineage as Paul mentions.

The strict evolutionist denies the Glory owed to God and gives it to the maco evolution of creeping things magestically mutating into ever higher order on its own until the perfection of man is reached…but creeping things were the indirect creators of man in the evolution process
In doing so, they became fools yet thinking themselves utterly wise in the process.

this is sort of interesting.

i believe that there is really no conflict between “science” and religion.

that being said, a question arises in my beady eyed little mind,
"why is it called the theory of evolution and not the “law” of evolution??

if things gradually evolved, why aren’t there intermediate things left lying around???

how do you get from eohypus (is this spelled right?) to appaloosa?

how do you get from a little pig to a mammoth to an elephant with nothing in between.

there should be intermediate stages!

what ;is the ancestor of the duck billed platypus?

where did aborigines come from???

this has been fun and there are thousands of other questions

By biggest problem with Evolution is that it doesn’t seem possible to have the transmission of Original Sin to future generations. With the scenario presented, what are the odds that the first humans to evolve and hence now have a soul, would have been in the same location at the right time to be together when they disobeyed God. Also, they would have to be the ONLY humans on the planet, because if any other humans were in existence, they’d be free from the stain of Original Sin…unless they fell too.

That opens up a whole new can of worms!!

Please Lord! Not this again :gopray:

The wonder of your creation; the elegant beauty that is the evolution of species through natural selection belittled, derided, and misrepresented by people using Your name.

they know not what they do

it’s enough to dscourage a man :banghead:

almost :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.