'Mad' Flat-Earther's Steam Rocket Launch Grounded by Bad Water Heater Bought

Today, in flat earth rocketry news we learn why buying rocket parts off of Craigslist is problematic.

2 Likes

Didn’t Evel Knievel try this across the Snake River Canyon?

2 Likes

But was it part of a plan to shoot a “rockoon” into space?

1 Like

I hope he doesn’t get himself killed

2 Likes

Or a good reason to ask for more donations. :wink:, :wink:

I think this guy is far more PT Barnum than crazy, his last launch went 2k feet up

1 Like

Not as problematic as being a flat-earther. :rofl:

1 Like

I think flat-earthers are just contrarians at heart, it has nothing to do with actual science.

On a side note, I was surprised to read even NASA uses steam power

1 Like

There’s something deeply moronic about trusting what NASA and other rocket scientist have to say about building a rocket…and then saying they never went to space and all the pictures of Earth are fake.

1 Like

He’s not crazy, just different. This is a progression to his ultimate concept, the “rockoon”.

I hope he figures out the parachute thing this time. He compressed his spine last time.

3 Likes

I think my introduction to it was an old guy yelling into his camera about how the earth being round was an atheist conspiracy to turn children against the Bible.

2 Likes

It would make more sense to just attach a camera to a balloon and keep one’s self safe on the ground. Not that I expect a flat-earther to conform to what makes sense.

In space any type of reactive system will change velocity. That said, I wonder how practical it is to use water as the substance to expel; in an environment where the space craft continuously loosing its heat three is an additional energy requirement from either keeping the water from freezing or to convert it from solid to liquid to steam. I think Xenon has been traditionally used for non-chemical propulsion in space (in ion rockets).

2 Likes

Heard that argument in detail. It’s the result of taking parts of the bible extremely literally.

1 Like

I just watched the “Behind the Curve” documentary on flat earthers, on Netflix. Give it a go if you want to know more about the movement, though it’s about the people rather than their arguments.

A dreamer’s got to dream man.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.