Made a vow, God has a sense of humor

So I made a vow to God that I wouldn’t eat any flour or sugar (yes, don’t worry, it was under the guidance of my priest/spiritual director). So the very day that I make my promise, someone gives me a $50 gift card for my FAVORITE PIZZA PLACE.:doh2:

:rotfl: Murphy’s Law!

Now, for flour…did you specify wheat only? There are many types of flour. I get gluten-free pizza which has no wheat flour. I have gluten-intolerance. If you want to stick to your guns and have absolutely no flour, including wheat…communion wafers are made of wheat flour; you may want to pray for God’s Blessing to let you slide on that part of the vow.

I gave up things for Lent and didn’t get anything except withdrawl syptoms. :smiley:

Oh yes, the vow has stipulations and is more involved than just giving up flour (but yes, it is all varieties of flour). It’s well thought out and I’ve been meditating on it for several months, so of course I am allowed the Eucharist-- the only bread I need :smiley:

Amen to that. May you be ever blessed to abundance for your vows to Our Eternal Father.

Maybe God is throwing in a little bonus spiritual growth opportunity to be giving (by re-gifting the gift card)? :thumbsup:

Nice! God is the best and he has an awesome sense of humor. I asked God to give me patience like Job, and a friend of mine told me be carefull what you ask for. That same year I lost all my worldly possessions, friends and my girlfriend and most of my sanity and I also lost my faith. It was a very bad year.

Yikes! Glad you made it back!

I was thinking the same thing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.