Madoff sentenced to 150 years

money.cnn.com/2009/06/29/news/economy/madoff_prison_sentence/index.htm?postversion=2009062909

I hope the time he will spend in prison will help him reflect on all the pain he caused and the lives he ruined. And I also pray that he will repent and God will forgive his sins

i think the sentence was just. i am just sorry that he is 71 years old and we don’t know how long he will actually spend in prison.

I also think the sentence was fair. Madoff stole an unfathomable amount of money, and ruined many peoples lives in the process. He has earned the right to spend the rest of his life in jail.

He deserves every minute. All of the government regulators and inspectors who let him get away with it, for so long, deserve the same. :mad:

This was my exact reaction! What about the SEC people that were supposed to be watching him. As usual the government thugs walk away unscathed. No accountability.

Well, I hope they take away all his ill gotten gains as well.

I believe this sentence isn’t justice, but vengence. What Madoff did was very wrong and it is just that he be punished. But I believe 150 years for any non-violent crime is excessive. Murders often get less than life sentences. Do we as a society believe any amount of stolen money is more grave than the intentional murder of a human?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.