"Magic Mirror" - Dutch anti-Catholic website

Has anyone read the Dutch anti-Catholic website called “Magic Mirror”?

It’s got plenty of the standard anti-Catholic arguments, including a lot that looks like it came from “Babylon Mystery Religion”, but it makes a great deal of “the vatican-crest [sic]” that has a dragon-serpent on it.

My 17-year-old daughter tried to engage the webmaster in a bit of apologetics, but she’s not as well-versed as she ought to be (though she’s trying); he basically accused her of being an adult male and blocked her email address. (Maybe she did better than she thought! :smiley: )

Does anyone know who this guy is?

What’s the link to the website?

This is the vatican-crest they are talking about:

http://magic-mirror.4ya.nl/Vatican/Vatican-anim.gif

They don’t identify it or say where the original is, other than implying that it is somewhere in the Vatican. And they have added some flourishes of their own to the picture.

It looks like a typical piece of heraldric decoration. I wonder what he thinks about the unicorn in the Royal Arms of the United Kingdom or the double headed eagle on the flag of Grand Fenwick?

Serpent? whuh?

Is it just me, or do I recall a passage where Moses makes a bronze serpent by God’s own instruction?

These sites aren’t worth the memory space they occupy:mad:

Could someone please give me the link to the website? I’m curious about it. :wink:

Note that Jesus tells us that the serpent is the prototype of His Crucifixion: .

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up,
15] that whoever believes in him may have eternal life

." **John 3:14-15 **

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.