Magisterium etc

Where has Jjr9’s thread gone? He troubled to research his question and two or three of us troubled to reply to it.

I reported one of the off topic (pie) posts with a note that the thread had generated a lot of them. I assume that whoever saw it decided that removing the thread was the best course of action.

Just FYI, it is against forum rules to question moderator actions. If a thread is deleted, the Moderator had a reason.

In this case, **probably **because the exact same thread keeps getting posted in an attempt to circumvent a previous lock by a Mod.

There were excellent responses to his assertions and it’s a shame not to be able to find them for future reference.

But as a piece of dialogue, his threads are poor examples, because he does not engage with the arguments put to him. He repeats himself over and over, from a limited set of stock assertions. jjr9 ignores (or “skips” as Bookcat termed it) those posts that are most compelling, and simply refuses to dialogue. That’s the unsatisfactory characteristic of his threads.

Was Moderator action involved?

In this case, **probably **because the exact same thread keeps getting posted in an attempt to circumvent a previous lock by a Mod.

What is a “lock”?

Only a moderator can delete a thread. Not even the person starting a thread can delete it.

IT gremlins is always s possibility :wink:

That’s true. I’ve had a few of these in my pc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.