Major Case of Envy

Hello!

So, like the title implies, I have a major case of envy. Of who am I envious? Can you believe… the Duggar family (from 18 kids and counting)? I’m not jealous of the number of children they have but of how purely and Christ-centered they try to live their lives. Before I got married, my now-husband and I attended Mass weekly, went to Confession frequently, did Bible study together, prayed the Rosary/Chaplet and were consecrated to Mary, among other things. Slowly, though, as we approached the wedding day, things started to change. That should have been a red light I paid attention to. We are at the point where we don’t do any of that anymore. He is so different now, sometimes I feel I don’t know him. I want a Catholic marriage, more than ever now because we recently had a baby and I want to teach our son to live a godly, chaste, good Catholic life. I want Christ to be the center of our lives again. I’m so desperate. How do I even start??? I keep telling my husband I want things to be the way they were but he just brushes it off. What do I do? I don’t want to leave him. Please help!

I Went through a massive religous conversion about one year ago, God grabbed me by the horns and honestly said Your not living the way I'd like for you too.

God is obviously calling you, he says I want you to live differently, how do you begin though?

Christ says unless you eat of my body and drink of my blood, you will have no life in you.
Start going to mass....Daily, every day The body of Christ in your heart daily is what will give you the strength to begin the journey back to a home in Jesus Christ.

Tell God you desire him, he loves to hear that, he desires for you to be in his heart intimatly, he desires you to live of life consumed by his everlasting spirit.

Turn your life back to God, know that you will fail, know that there will be days where things will not go right, but turn back to him, and be saved. Have faith in his divine mercy.

Big number 2, go to conffession frequently, I go once a week, you cannot belive how much we sin on a regular basis, vanity, pride, lust, me me me, they are all sins, and we need christ to truly come in and heal us of our failures so we can Grow in his love.

Praying for you

PAX

-steave

Put Christ in the center of your life, first. Go to confession, start attending Mass regularly and pray the rosary as much as possible for your husband and your marriage. Things can get back on track again, just trust the Holy Spirit.

[quote="inneedofsaving, post:1, topic:179134"]
Hello!

So, like the title implies, I have a major case of envy. Of who am I envious? Can you believe... the Duggar family (from 18 kids and counting)? I'm not jealous of the number of children they have but of how purely and Christ-centered they try to live their lives. Before I got married, my now-husband and I attended Mass weekly, went to Confession frequently, did Bible study together, prayed the Rosary/Chaplet and were consecrated to Mary, among other things. Slowly, though, as we approached the wedding day, things started to change. That should have been a red light I paid attention to. We are at the point where we don't do any of that anymore. He is so different now, sometimes I feel I don't know him. I want a Catholic marriage, more than ever now because we recently had a baby and I want to teach our son to live a godly, chaste, good Catholic life. I want Christ to be the center of our lives again. I'm so desperate. How do I even start??? I keep telling my husband I want things to be the way they were but he just brushes it off. What do I do? I don't want to leave him. Please help!

[/quote]

I'm not I think she's nuts and a little selfish. Selfish because in having so many children she's most likely putting a big burden on her other children to help raise each other. I've read that each child has a buddy and that buddy does a lot of the child rearing. It appears mom merely supervises. They may have nannies I don't know but in any case you can't tell me that she can possible have the time to give each child the attention it deserves. I'm all for having a big family but 19 is just way over the limit. I could see 8-12 but 19 is just crazy. :eek::confused:

[quote="inneedofsaving, post:1, topic:179134"]
Hello!

So, like the title implies, I have a major case of envy. Of who am I envious? Can you believe... the Duggar family (from 18 kids and counting)? I'm not jealous of the number of children they have but of how purely and Christ-centered they try to live their lives. Before I got married, my now-husband and I attended Mass weekly, went to Confession frequently, did Bible study together, prayed the Rosary/Chaplet and were consecrated to Mary, among other things. Slowly, though, as we approached the wedding day, things started to change. That should have been a red light I paid attention to. We are at the point where we don't do any of that anymore. He is so different now, sometimes I feel I don't know him. I want a Catholic marriage, more than ever now because we recently had a baby and I want to teach our son to live a godly, chaste, good Catholic life. I want Christ to be the center of our lives again. I'm so desperate. How do I even start??? I keep telling my husband I want things to be the way they were but he just brushes it off. What do I do? I don't want to leave him. Please help!

[/quote]

Well sometimes in a marriage things change...but they don't necessarily need to change for the bad...fine you hit a bump on the road you trip and fall dust yourself off and try again! Don't just give up...If you love your husband which sounds like you do then start over... Surprise with him the things he liked before, go on dates together and learn whom each other are again, get to know each other all over again...respark what has died down... make time after dinner put babies to sleep etc and spend time together talking or holding each other watch a movie, read a book pray together...etc...it's a hard and long battle and cross you will need to bare but if you try really hard talking to your hubby and trying to work things out I bet before you know it you will have that loving feeling for each other all over again and things will get better! :D Now don't compare your life and the tv show's family life, be grateful for what you have and make sure you let your husband know how grateful you are for him...and shower him with love! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.