Major League Baseball

Verlander suffered his first loss as an Astro last night. Not enough run support - a Springer Dinger and that was it.

If the Astros win game 7 tonight, Springer has to be in the conversation for MVP (4 home runs so far in the WS).

I hate the last game is going to be in California. I am not used to fans booing like that against visitors. I miss Southern manners.

Congratulations to the Houston Astros!

Go Dodgers!! (next year)

It has been a long time! Like never.

Congrats, pn.

It was a good series, especially game 5.

Thank you very much. I was thinking I saw my first game maybe around 1970 in the now defunct Astrodome.

Congrats to the Astros and the city of Houston! I hope this win somewhat lifts the spirits of those who were affected by Hurricane Harvey.

The schools are closing today so the whole city can join in the parade. It seems a little extreme, but I get it. This may never happen again.

BREAKING NEWS:

Roy Halladay, one of only two pitchers to throw a no-hitter in the MLB postseason, has died in a plane crash. He was only 40.

Prayers for the repose of his soul.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.