major meltdown

A few months ago, a registered sex offender who accosted my daughter was sentenced to jail and we thought it was over with and we could start the journey toward healing. This morning I got a phone call informing me of a hearing (today) where the perpetrator is trying to get out of completing his sentence due to medical reasons. His medical condition is a joke and he won’t win, however, he has the legal right to due process which, in a nutshell means we have to go through the whole thing all over again just to keep him in jail. I don’t feel like I can handle it. I spent the better part of the morning in the courtroom, alone as usual, looking at him and his friends. The first hearing ended about 4 hours ago, and I’m still crying and throwing up. I just don’t think I can handle all of this again. No one cares, and it’s getting to be too much.

Are you in touch with the District Attorney in your daughter’s case? They will be the one to represent you (and all citizens) in keeping this guy in jail. In California, the jail’s have excellent and free medical treatment for any inmate. It has to be an EXTREME hardship to get out on that excuse.

In our little Mayberry-style county, the jail has no medical facilities. Any inmate requiring medical care gets taken to the local hospital. This guy was released from jail for a brief time (under supervision as per protocol) to recuperate from his illness. Now he’s trying to prove that he shouldn’t have to go back. He can’t possibly win - I’m just worn down from the other hearings, and don’t have the energy to sit through all of this again. It takes everything I’ve got not to break his neck when I’m in the same room he’s in. I can’t help but feel that part of the reason he’s doing this is to drag us through the wringer again and I’m rapidly reaching my limit.

His actions might be less personal and more strategic: if you get worn out, lose energy, and stop attending and opposing him, maybe he’ll have a better shot at getting out. I don’t know whether that helps, but you can look at it as a challenge you beat simply by showing up.

In some states, the victim has the right to address the court; in others she doesn’t. You might check with the local victim’s rights advocate (if there is one) about what else you can do.

You have my sympathies, and I pray that you and your daughter can get through this with as little pain as possible under the circumstances.

Thanks Godfollower. In our state, the victim does have the right to make a victim impact statement - which we did at his sentencing. Part of the problem (for us anyway) right now is that we have a new judge. I don’t think the perpetrator would waste his time if it were the same judge who sentenced him in December - that one was perfectly clear on where he stood. The new judge just recently took the bench, and I think the guy wants to try his luck with this one. I’m just hoping that this can be resolved quickly - again.

Martha, I can’t even imagine the torture this guy and the courts are putting you and your family through.

Will pray for you every day for strength and peace of mind.

Take care my friend. Keep us informed if it’s not too much trouble. We care!

God Bless…

Praying for you in this very upsetting situation.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you and your daughter.
Hang in there. God is with you.

Praying for you and your daughter :gopray:

Holding you in my prayers…

Amen.

:gopray::gopray::gopray::console:

I and my family and church will pray for you and your daughter. 400+ strong, can’t go wrong!

Amen.

Dear Martha,

Peace be with you !

James 4 : 12 “There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy;…”

Our GOD is a true and mighty Judge. His judgments echo even in todays world and is an everlasting tone of peace and grace. There is none a greater judge than him.It is only and truly because of his love that you are able to face these many anxieties in life. And anxiety comes not from GOD, but from Satan himself, because we love GOD. Satan wants us to be worried and is trying to keep us away from singing thanks and praise to GOD.

He is a judge who judges the hearts and minds and is not deceived by our actions.

**Jeremiah 11:20 ** “But, O LORD of hosts, who judges righteously, Who tries the feelings and the heart, Let me see Your vengeance on them, For to You have I committed my cause.”

Submit your trial to the LORD and you will see his grace. He is the one in whom we can trust.

How hard your offender tries to plea in the court, our GOD will be his judge and truth alone will triumph

James 4 : 7-8 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you…"

I can understand the troubles at your heart. And my words of consolation would be very less. But, I can say one thing.

Joshua 7:10 "Yahweh said to Joshua, “Get up! Why are you fallen on your face like that?”

Situations will change. Our GOD will turn our wrongs into rights and show us the way.

Just keep praising and thanking him. The dark cloud will fade away soon. Good News is at your doorstep.

Praying for you.:signofcross:

Dominic

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

It sounds like a nightmare. I’ll pray for you and your daughter every day.
Love, Trishie

oh martha i am sooo sorry, i will be praying for you

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.
:signofcross:

Praying very hard for you and your daughter.

St Pio please pray for this dear wounded family.

A powerful intercessor of our time was Saint Pio, a Capuchin priest. God gifted him to an extraordinary degree for sake of souls, in a century when sin and aberration are serious and prevalent.

I request his intercession and assistance, for my family and for each person whose life encounters mine, or who requires prayerful service. Since he was permitted to serve as spiritual guide and father to many souls, may he be so for these persons.

Padre Pio foretold a time when people may doubt that he ever existed, however we are privileged to know that this extraordinary saint truly lived. Pope John Paul 2nd beatified Padre Pio in 1999. He was canonised on the 16th June 2002.

Saint Padre Pio perhaps gave the eternal Father a clearer image of His Son’s redemptive humanity and intercession than does any person in history. He lived a crucified, selfless, holy life in deep union with Christ. He had the gift of reading souls, and of bilocution when his presence was required for souls distant from his monastery of San Giovanni Rotondo.
Through his intercession, God permitted spiritual and physical healings that are well documented in our times. For 50 years, Padre Pio bore deep wounds in hands, feet and side. The chest wound was four inches long, with a smaller transverse cross-wound. These bleeding wounds remained unchanged until his death at 94 years of age, on September 23, 1968, when, having served their intercessory purpose for countless souls on earth and in Purgatory, the deep, painful wounds disappeared.

Padre suffered continually for souls and was known to say—“If you knew the value of suffering, you would never give it up.” Nevertheless, he prayed for healing for others, and advised anyone in their difficulties to seek divine assistance. “It is not a loss of patience if one asks Jesus to take away pain, when this becomes insupportable to us and beyond our strength, nor does one lose the merit of the suffering which is offered, by asking this of God.”

St Pio, you wrote in your Counsels, “Pray that God will console you when you feel the burden of the Cross, for in doing so you are not acting against the will of God, but you are placing yourself beside the Son of God who asked His Father during the Agony in the Garden to send Him some relief. But if He is not willing to give it, be ready to pronounce the same ‘fiat’ that Jesus did.” “When least you are expecting to be liberated, Jesus, who cannot bear to keep you long in affliction, will come and relieve and comfort you, giving you new courage.”

St Padre Pio please take this family into your prayers.

Father, in Jesus’ name, help justice to prevail to protect all the innocent, and to spare this family any more trauma. Please help them to find strength without exhaustion and turmoil, by miracle of Your grace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.