Major U.S. city officially condemns Catholic Church

Instructs members to defy ‘Holy Office of Inquisition’

A San Francisco city and county board resolution that officially labeled the Catholic church’s moral teachings on homosexuality as “insulting to all San Franciscans,” “hateful,” “defamatory,” “insensitive” and “ignorant” will be challenged tomorrow in court for violating the Constitution’s prohibition of government hostility toward religion.

Resolution 168-08, passed unanimously by the City and County of San Francisco Board of Supervisors two years ago, also accused the Vatican of being a “foreign country” meddling with and attempting to “negatively influence (San Francisco’s) existing and established customs.”

It said of the church’s teaching on homosexuality, “Such hateful and discriminatory rhetoric is both insulting and callous, and shows a level of insensitivity and ignorance which has seldom been encountered by this Board of Supervisors.”

worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69693

This is old news and the only new development is the appeal trial is about to start. I had a possible chance to go to San Francisco for a conference and decided not to do it in protest. The ain’t getting my money.

If they think the Catholic Church is so disgusting, perhaps they should change the name of the city given it’s origin. :mad:

As for the judge, is anybody really surprised by the decision, and you can bet the 9th Circuit will uphold that. :mad:

Resolution 168-08, passed unanimously by the City and County of San Francisco Board of Supervisors two years ago, also accused the Vatican of being a “foreign country” meddling with and attempting to “negatively influence (San Francisco’s) existing and established customs.”

The bad old days of the Know-Nothing Party are back again! Surely the Board of Supervisors would be shocked if they knew how they recycle the tired old arguments of Protestant fundamentalists. :rolleyes:

This is great!

I mean, we know we’re doing something right when San Francisco condemns us as “bigots.”

Sorry, I’m trying to see the bright side here.:blush:

Know-Nothing Party was probably Protestant. I wish we could say the same about that city council, but it’s only a matter of time before they turn against Protestants (at least Protestants that actually hold to Christian doctrine and not waffle on it).

Good point.

Truth is hate to those who hate truth.

What is truly amazing about this is the following. Think about this. A City Council suddenly out of the clear blue sky decides to go after the Catholic Church. I mean think about it. They are probably very busy with normal city affairs, listening to issues on maintenance, schools, city streets, stop lights and on and on. And then they suddenly decide to go after the Catholic Church???

What’s up with that. … to suddenly spend all that time to come upwith something as ridiculous as this???:hypno:

Or there is a real agenda at play here. It isn’t out of the clear blue sky, but an agenda by the HomoSexual activists at play here.:hmmm:

Also notice I didn’t call them Gay. Since I think they are Sad. :ouch:

Wait. I don’t understand.

Why are they going against the Catholic Church when they are more moderate than most Christian groups on homosexuality?

Oh, and by the way, first person to suggest anti-Catholic tendencies earns a fist.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.