Majority Still Says Religion Can Answer Today's Problems

Fifty-seven percent of Americans say that religion can answer all or most of today’s problems, while 30% say that religion is largely old fashioned and out of date. Americans have in recent decades become gradually less likely to say that religion can answer today’s problems and more likely to believe religion is out of date.

gallup.com/poll/171998/majority-says-religion-answer-today-problems.aspx

With increased peace and cooperation between the major world religions that we see beginning to happen in today’s world, I believe that they will make unprecedented progress in promoting human welfare. Perhaps they will not solve things like global warming (if it indeed exists), but I can see them instilling the value of a higher-ordered LOVE in the world that will greatly reduce such problems as the seemliness unnecessary pain and suffering of poverty. I envision a world that promotes cooperation, instead of the vasts amounts of competition that promotes selfishness and greed that plagues the world today.

LOVE! :heart:

=Robert Sock;12129267]With increased peace and cooperation between the major world religions that we see beginning to happen in today’s world, I believe that they will make unprecedented progress in promoting human welfare.

I’d like to hope so, too. Then I see what’s coming out of ISIS, etc. :frowning:

Perhaps they will not solve things like global warming (if it indeed exists), but I can see them instilling the value of a higher-ordered LOVE in the world that will greatly reduce such problems as the seemliness unnecessary pain and suffering of poverty. I envision a world that promotes cooperation, instead of the vasts amounts of competition that promotes selfishness and greed that plagues the world today.

The Parousia.

Jon

=Robert Sock;12129267]With increased peace and cooperation between the major world religions that we see beginning to happen in today’s world, I believe that they will make unprecedented progress in promoting human welfare.

They’ve got a better chance than big government!

Perhaps they will not solve things like global warming (if it indeed exists),

It doesn’t.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.