Making a Master Prayer List?

Hey everyone,

Well, it seems like everyone I know needs prayers. And I try to include all of them in my daily prayers, but it gets a bit hard. Can I write a long list of prayer intentions I’d like to pray for every day in my spiritual diary, and call that my “Master prayer intention list” and add onto it whenever something new comes up?

-Jeanne

My dear friend

Yes you can. And you can say 3 % for this one, 7 % for that intention etc etc and you can let it stand until further notice and change it as often as you like.

God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

I heard about virtual intentions about a year ago and have been doing them ever since. Keeping up with everyone’s needs would be an impossible task, so I let God handle it. :slight_smile:

An example of a virtual intention is praying that an intention will be offered with every prayer you say for the rest of your life.

Another thing I do is say a modified version of the St. Gertrude prayer for the souls in Purgatory at the elevation of the Host and Chalice. My prayer goes like this:

“Eternal Father, I offer you the Most Precious Blood of Your Divine Son, Jesus, in union with all the Masses said throughout the world today, for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, and for all those for whom I pray.”

The “for all those for whom I pray” covers anyone I am currently praying for or have ever prayed for. I’ve personally seen many, many prayers answered from praying this way.

Hi Jeanne :wave: Sure, I do this very thing myself. Only, I use little index cards (instead of a “master list” for each day of the week. I find that for me, it really helps to stay focused and organized. I concentrate better that way. :wink:

God bless. It’s a great question!

Nothing wrong with that. My own list has 3 columns:
1st column: date of origin
2nd column: the prayer intention
3rd column: the date the prayer was answered.

My own experience shows the third column fills in rather quickly.

Joe

We all have different ways to pray for the people in our lives. I seldom remember those who have asked for prayer, so a master list is a good idea.
When a woman bought a hat for me, I simply asked God to bless her every time I wore the hat. The act of wearing the hat became a prayer in and of itself.
A priest friend needed prayer. I placed the prayer card he gave me in the frame of the mirror on my dresser. I did not need to remember him in prayer since simply seeing the prayer card became a prayer for the man.
These simple acts, like the master list, take away the need to remember by name or purpose those for whom we would pray. The act itself can become the prayer.

yes you can, and before you pray you could say something like hevenly father i offer you this prayer ( or prayers) for the following intentions/ people ( then tell god your list)

then pray you prayers and as you pray you will be praying for all your items on your list

hope this helps

god bless:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.