Making huge medical decisions

Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ

The priest at Confession, Fr. John, told me not to give up. He said I may be losing my lower half of my body but I still have my mind. He said that if I quit, then Satan wins. He said that whenever anyone leaves this world early, it is a victory for Satan because that means one more soul that is not here to help others.

I sure hope so.

I have to believe there is a reason why Jesus has not healed me physically.

I just have to.

Otherwise all the prayers seem in vain and life seems to have no meaning otherwise.

Well, now I need a mental healing so I will be heading to a psychological hospital shortly.

I also need a physical healing – to drop 10lbs. I hope I can do this in the hospital.

I hope to first stop tomorrow for a final second opinion on my back – to see if anyone will operate at another hospital.

My surgeon last week told me to get another opinion from a different neurosurgeon.

So I will go to another huge teaching hospital in Philly.

If the answer is no, then I plan to ask to be transported to a new psych hospital.

I hope I am making the right decisions. I have no idea.

I still ask for prayers for a physical healing of my legs/back though.

I promise to once again pray fervently for all who pray for me.

Thank you so much.

Life is so scary right now.

So I keep uniting it to the cross.

The only time when I am at peace is when I am asleep.

Thank you so much.

VitoJoseph

I’m praying for you.

Praying for you, also.

You are in my prayers.

God bless

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Please send Vito Joseph in the right direction to find a Dr. who will take care of him.Please lay your healing hands on his body.
grandma glor

+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers for your healing.
Trials are allowed by God for our greater good; trust in His Divine Providence for your life.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God give Vito your peace and help him to know and live God’s will for his life. Please give him wisdom and guidance. Thank You, our God

Praying for you - you shound as if you are going through a tough horrible time. Pray the rosary and try to find the peace that that may bring you as it calms you. May the Lord give you the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Vester

I will keep you in my prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Please let me tell you about my father. He’s a stroke survivor. Paralyzed on one side and in a wheel chair. Can walk short distances with a walker.

Has a great mind. Types with one hand into a computer, and in that way has managed to actually carry out important genealogical research into my family’s history such that my father’s findings have been published on-line on a website and won him respect … and e-mail pen pals … from around the world.

As far as helping others … My father helped me personally with wise advice, encouragement and a story of his own experience just tonight, over the phone.

VitoJoseph, you have plenty of potential … If you want to serve the Lord through serving others, just tell Him so. He will provide you with opportunities.

Praying for you,

~~ the phoenix

VitoJoseph, I continue to keep you in mind when I pray the Rosary, and I am now praying the Rosary every day.

God has not abandoned you. He truly is carrying you in his arms. He is calling you to something greater. He wants you to take your focus and hope off of your body and place it on Him and your spirit.

I was watching EWTN last night and there was a program on about G.K. Chesterton (“the apostle of common sense” ewtn.com/series/chesterton/index.htm)). It was a great program. One point that was driven home is that in today’s world we worship our health and bodies. Our bodies are indeed temples. You take care of the temple, but you do not worship the temple. Instead, you worship in the temple. This is your trial. Even if you cannot fix the “temple,” you can make it the best temple for worship.

Thus, please see it this way: continue to find ways to heal your body, but if it does not happen, or does not happen the way you want it to, you should not lose your joy. If you do, it is because your hope was in your own body. Remember, everyone’s body eventually fails. It is temporary. Instead, your hope should be on God. As hard as this is, I believe that you are up to the challenge. You appear to be a fighter. Keep fighting and I’ll keep praying.

Peace to you and may God bless you infinitely.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

prayers promised

I prayed for you at Mass this morning! God be with you.

Praying for you

Vito,
I’m so glad to hear that you spoke with the priest. My prayers are with you for a mental and physical healing.
God Bless,
Pam

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.