Making My Way Back

I have not been on here in awhile. In fact, my faith life in general has slipped dramatically in the past year.

Back in 2004, I converted through the RCIA process. Since then, it has been hard to keep up with my faith. As a student, I have moved around a lot, never settling in one place long enough to become an official member of a parish. I am the only Catholic in my family, and have very few Catholic friends. I find it isolating to go to church and see everybody there with their family and friends when I am alone every Sunday, to not feel like I belong at all. It makes me not want to go.

In addition to those feelings, I have been having a hard time with my health this past year and this more than anything else has caused me to slip. I was diagnosed with diabetes back in September. I am only 24, and am not for sure that my doctor has the right answers. I have been to several doctors trying to nail down the type of diabetes I have and have been met with a lot of scorn and resistance. I also found out this past week that I might have Celiac disease or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. These problems have made me angry and bitter at times, and depressed at others. I often use the excuse of being too sick or exhausted to attend church, although I recognize in my mind it is just that- an excuse.

I haven’t been praying, reading my Bible, and have just let my overall relationship with God slip away. I went and talked to a priest today and picked up a devotional Bible. I’m hoping that his can help me make my way back to God. I can’t do it alone, and would appreciate any prayers.

Welcome Back!

I’ll being praying for you!

I’ve been reading books by Scott Hahn lately and I find his writing to be very encouraging and has just enough enthusiasm to inspire me to start going back to church, so I’d recommend any one of his books for a little lifting up.

God bless you!

I forgot to say… to start praying again you might pick up a one decade rosary and just pray one decade at a time to get back into, pray for the fortitude to keep praying everyday. That’s what I’ve started doing and I find it helps.

Father of mercy, look with unfathomable compassion upon this soul, who is struggling with faith. May all medical diagnoses be true and correct, and graciously provide doctors, nurses and technicians who will reveal Your love. We pray that You will lead this soul by Your Holy Spirit, causing a return to faith and an improvement in health outlook. We ask this through Your Blessed Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen! Alleluia!

If you are lonely and feel left out, stick with Catholic answers forums. It’s no substitute for mass, but there’s generally a good "congregation " here.
One “trick” that works with any church, and it works with CAF too, find the old ladies who pray a lot and hang out with them. That’s a sure cure for loneliness and flagging faith. ;):smiley:

Anyway, I’ll be praying for you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

No wonder you’ve been less than energetic! Diabetes and Celiac disease or I BS is a lot to deal with. It’s a shock to have life-changing illnesses diagnosed. I’m Celiac. At least if you’re properly diagnosed than you can manage these issues and maybe move on to feeling better and less worn out. I know it doesn’t seem fair. It’s understandable that you feel thus sometimes. I ask the Lord that you receive precise diagnoses soon.

I ask the Lord to help you to stay close to Him, even though, and because, you’re finding things so difficult. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

I pray that you may have strength and be able to lead a life worthy of the Lord … bearing fruit in every kind of good work and growing in knowledge of God, fortified, in accordance with his glorious strength, with all power always to persevere and endure. Colossians 1:10,11

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Praying for you with Bible verses from today’s Liturgy of the Hours, and may God grant you healing:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) 1 Thessalonians 4:1,7 ©
My brethren, we urge you and appeal to you in the Lord Jesus to make more and more progress in the kind of life that you are meant to live: the life that God wants, as you learnt from us, and as you are already living it. We have been called by God to be holy, not to be immoral.

Noon reading (Sext) Isaiah 30:15,18 ©
For thus says the Lord, the Holy One of Israel: ‘Your salvation lies in conversion and tranquillity, your strength will come from complete trust.’ The Lord is waiting to be gracious to you, to rise and take pity on you, for the Lord is a just God. Happy are all who hope in him.

Afternoon reading (None) Deuteronomy 4:29-31 ©
You will seek the Lord your God, and if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul, you shall find him. In your distress, all that I have said will overtake you, but at the end of days you will return to the Lord your God and listen to his voice. For the Lord your God is a merciful God and will not desert or destroy you or forget the covenant he made on oath with your fathers.

I too flagged in my faith after going through RCIA. I am just making my way back and finding a happy home in my parish, even though I don’t have a lot of friends just yet. I will pray for you to grow in faith and be given healing.

Welcome home,
-S-

I pray the Lord bring you good friends and mentors on your journey! Keep looking toward the fullness of Truth in the Catholic Church. I am praying for your health and strength and for your healing.
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Merciful Lord, we beseech You to reveal Your constant presence to EeyoresButerfly, who feels abandoned just as Christ’s human nature felt abandonment on the cross. Father, You never abandon us, Your promises being eternal and trustworthy. As this beloved soul makes its way back to You, graciously provide strength and the companionship of Your Holy Spirit to guide and ease the journey. May the Angels carry our prayers aloft to Your Son, Who intercedes on our behalf. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Lord we ask You to continue to give EeyoresButerfly grace and strength to grow and be faithful. Please give EeyoresButerfly all necessary healing and blessing.
Thank You.

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you!

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.