Male Homosexual Sex Fuelling Spread of HIV in Asia, Warns World Health Organization

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/feb/09021708.html

By Kathleen Gilbert
HONG KONG, February 17, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Male homosexual sex is “fuelling” the rapid rise in HIV/AIDS infections in Asia, according to a recent report by the Western Pacific Branch of the World Health Organization (WHO). The WHO warned today that the HIV/AIDS epidemic may take a major turn for the worse in Asia.

Because I know many on this forum do not believe LifeSite is a news source I found this as proof of what is being said…

Please as Christians we are to love each other. Don’t continue the cycle and allow other to get ill.

[

alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/HKG225827.htm
Up to a third of gay and bisexual men in Hong Kong may be infected with HIV by 2020 if prevention programmes to reduce new infections and promote safe sex fail to work, experts warned. “If all our actions fail, by 2020 we can have one-third infected in the community. Some of them may go on to infect women,” said Wong Ka-hing, consultant for the Hong Kong government’s Centre for Health Protection.**Rising numbers of gay and bisexual men are becoming infected in many countries, perhaps because of the availability of HIV drugs, which can control the virus but not cure the infection.**Four percent of Hong Kong’s gay and bisexual men are HIV-positive and genetic analyses of virus samples found three HIV strains circulating in the local community. “There are three clusters (of people infected by the three strains) … we investigated and found common risk factors like a number of people attending the same sex parties, Internet use (to search for sex partners), using recreational drugs, unsafe sex, STI (sexually transmitted infections),” Wong said.](“http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/HKG225827.htm”)

Lets pray for those affected:

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in praelio. Contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur. Tuque princeps militiae caelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen.

bump

I think there should be sodomy laws. This would at least do something to prevent this. I mean, there are a lot of people in china, God forbid aids does to china what it has done to affrica.

The Homosexual lobby has done everything in its power to keep thr world from seeing AIDs as a health issue that arised from certain sexual practices.

Any reckless sexual behaviour can present health issues. That goes to hetero and homosexual sex alike. Talk about how heterosexual sex is fuelling the spread of HPV and the incidence of cervical cancer…

Unlike HIV/AIDS the HPV situation is not a danger to emergency techs or others not sexually involved. HPV is not blood transferred and according to studies the woman has to have a pre-disposition to it.

HPV is only one among many other transmissable diseases. Clamydia, HepB, HepC, etc etc etc… let’s not minimize their risks and consequences to both heterosexual and homosexual communities.

As I said before only one of these is dangerous to the general population.*** Only one is un-curable even if found early. HIV/AIDS.*** Each of the other almost 300 are spread exclusively because of promiscuous, immoral behavior on the part of one or both partners. You should know who you are having sexual relations with and who they have been with before.

Sadly they are now suggesting that all of our children and youth get vaccinations to prevent the diseases. What is not said is that the vaccinations do not prevent the disease 100%. Some people become ill for a few days, some become disables for life or even die from the “preventative” vaccinations.

Instead of being honest and telling the public that all these diseases exist. TV, MTV and other youth aimed media, like popular singers and movie idols should be screaming about the problems of sexuality and that some behaviors are deadly so don’t do it. Instead we hear how good it feels and how sexy even a small child can look. We sexualized our toddlers with those “cute” panties and look like mommy or daddy clothing. Society needs to teach our young that there are things out there that can hurt you so don’t do it.

Amen. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Homosexuality is the reductio ad absurdum of the sexual revolution. Hedonists further the cause in order to undermine the traditional sexual morality so that society will permit everything so long asit has to do with the “private” matter of sex. Sex ceases to be a matter of public interest where it is disassociated from reproduction. Sex ceases to have meaning if it is sterile, but according to the sexually liberated, it IS meaningless anyway. Life is meaningless We are are doomed anyway so we fornicate like soldiers on the night before we go to certain death. “danse macbre.”

I think aids is a bigger killer than hpv and cervical cancer, and it does seem like the gay lobby is in denial of the fact that sodomy causes aids to spread like wildfire. Shame on them for intelectual dishonesty.

Remember when Santorum got into trouble by comparing homosexuality with bestiality? Huge uproar. even though the legal definition of sodomy includes bestiality. So we know what those sheepherders in “Broke-back Mountain” were doing when not together.

I think the pedos are going to be knocking at the gates next; not man on animal. They make child abuse episodes more graphic in its depiction, a court defender (I’m guessing private practice) of pedos is in the justice department for Obama), and I remember that there were Hollywood stars defending NAMBLA in a case against them once (who would even touch that one as supporting such an organization).

It will still take a long time here for gay marriage to be law, if ever. If gays protest against pedophilia’s definition of love, I wonder what would happen. We may be too far past the days of the Civil War to have a war over this tyranny of the justices, but there will be some kind of standoff at some point. How long it will take for the ecumenical types who discuss our differences to death or declare themselves “reasonable” will wake up to the fact that war is being declared on us by Satan in the persons of NWO types and sophmoric collegiate types (I have been one and you look up at the college and some high school teachers as “experts” and swallow anything they say, because they’re highly-educated and you assume they want to teach you truth), but it’s like a frog in a pot of water that’s slowly boiling.

The fight against abortion and contraception is valiant and thus, commendable, but it’s not the root of the problem. Weak or heretical catechesis and liturgical abuses are the root and materialism reigns then. We need internal reformers. Please send them, God! I don’t mind a theocracy, as long as it’s Christian (we don’t need the head removing of Muslim wives).
I hope there really is a great Catholic king coming, as some have prophesied.

Democracy works for a while, but then, people get stupid. As we have learned from Obama’s administration, and the recount scandals of the past, I have to think a secular oligarchy is picking and choosing when our votes count. It’s either The Church or The World running the world. Mistakes by the Church do happen, but smut doesn’t get spread about and public order under Catholic moral laws do not omit religious freedom. Officials may go nuts sometimes, but the teaching is still sound for those who want to use it. Even if a Calvinist theocracy ruled America, I’d be more happy to be persecuted by them than by NWO goons. At least, things would get cleaned up and childten wouldn’t get perverted.

Men and women are different though. One of the reasons that homosexual male sex is so virulent a means to spread disease is that having a woman involved acts as a brake to reckless behavior. women are just as not predisposed, genetically, socially or otherwise to have casual sex to the same extent that males are.

In terms of ‘fair play’, I suppose we cluld talk about heterosexual sex and diseases being spread, but it is nowhere near as virulent as what is happening in male on male bonding.

On the other hand, to the extent that focusing on a problem brings us closer towards a solution, and brings in the financing too , certainly it would be in the interests of heterosexuals that the focus be much more on their sexual problems than on those of homosexuals.

I don’t see it as my place to make any allegations as to what people may or may not have been doing in Brokeback Mountain. I simply want to comment that Lolita is a book on pedophilia acclaimed by critics, as well as made into a film. TIME included it in its 100 Best English Language Novels from 1923 to 2005. I find it very sad that some people take Humbert (the pedophile who kidnaps 12 year old Lolita)'s side and point of view.

I hope the taboo against taking Humbert’s side remains in place but I think this is a Judeo-Christian taboo. In much of the Middle East and Africa and even Asia (I think), child marriage as young as 12 has not had a history of much taboo and is still legal. I think that even in the southern United States, child marriage and child pregnancy has been pretty common.

I suspect that we as a society believe that taboos are common sense, but it has been argued that the only reason that we have certain taboos on sexual behavior is because of our Judeo-Christian heritage. See: Judaism’s Sexual Revolution: Why Judaism Rejected Homosexuality catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0003.html I hope that, if this is the case, we continue to value and appreciate this heritage before it is too late and we become like primitive peoples. This article also alleges that much of our science and unique Western achievements are a direct result of our Judeo-Christian heritage that placed (at the time) unusual and aberrant restrictions on sexual behavior, freeing up time and desire for other activities such as scientific prowess.

Anybody catch the BBC special awhile back on the weird, and I do mean weird, practice of men intentionally giving and receiving “the gift”? It was horrifying, at least the few minutes of it I caught in between business calls. These obviously disturbed men were gleefully discussing how they sought an infected partner to receive the gift of AIDS.

“Bareback riding”, sadly, is considered a true sport among some of our homosexual brothers.

Pray for these unbalanced souls.

I didn’t see the BBC special, but I have heard of “bug chasers” and believe that some such individuals exist. However, I’m not sure how common they are.

Its a controversial practice, which is all too common. A survey of 500 gay men in New York City showed that 40% had engaged in at least one episode of barebacking (unprotected anal intercourse) in the past 3 months. I think this percentage may be on the high end, since NYC is freer environment than in most of the US. But it is still too high.

Even if HIV positive men only have unprotected sex with other HIV positive men, the exchange of the different virus populations could be risky. For example, one person may have an HIV which is resistant to one drug, and his partner may have HIV which is resistant to a different drug. Mixing the two viral populations could increase drug resistances, which wouldn’t be good.

Yes, you are right. Prayers are needed.

By golly, it couldn’t possibly be the result also of promiscuous heterosexual individuals. If you have two uninfected mend, and they stay monogamous, neither can be blamed for spreading HIV either to each other or anyone else. Not to say it is morally correct, but the real problem is promiscuity not plain homosexual sex. Promisucous heterosexual sex is just as much to blame for this pandemic.

This isn’t an opinion. This is the World Health Organization. Who would better know the truth than the World Health Organization? What incentive do they have to misalign the truth? :o :confused: :shrug:

According the CDC (Center for Disease Control) in America, 48% of the people infected with HIV/AIDS in 2006 are men who have sex with men. reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN19505665 According to statistics, homosexual men are 2-3% of our population. Perhaps the number of men who have sex with men is higher, but it is certainly not 48%.

Syphilis is growing in the United States and was a bigger threat in 2007, attributed by the CDC to the growing population of men who have sex with men, that seem to be about 60 times more likely to have syphilis-infections. cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=41975

Empirically speaking, opposite-sex promiscuity and men who have sex with men promiscuity manifest themselves extremely differently as far as data seems to show.

See here: According to San Francisco muncipal STD clinic, gay-bisexual men report 7.9 different partners in 2 months in 2003. A graph with the average number of sex partners of gay/bisexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women is there. Average number of partners for heterosexuals is around 5 in 12 months. Average number of partners for gay/bisexual men is around 20 and gay/bisexual men with HIV/AIDS have many more average partners than gay/bisexual men without HIV/AIDS. sfdph.org/dph/files/reports/StudiesData/STD/STD0408.pdf

New York City: Study Bares Unsafe Sex Picture
A study of syphilis among men who have sex with men, which the New York City Department of Health is poised to release, found high rates of HIV infection, unprotected sex and recreational drug use among the men.

The city, working with CDC and Michael Callen-Audre Lorde Community Health Center, recruited 88 gay or bisexual men with syphilis (cases) and 176 gay or bisexual men without syphilis (controls). Participants were New York City residents ages 18-55 who reported at least one male sex partner in the prior year. All the men were tested for syphilis and offered HIV tests. The men responded to a seires of questions about their sex lives and partners, drug use, HIV status and other topics.

“What we found was that many MSM (men who have sex with men), both cases and controls, were engaging in high risk sexual behaviors,” said Dr. Susan Blank, assistant commisioner of the city department’s Bureau of STD Control. "Specifically, that meant sex with multiple anonymous partners, unprotected anal intercourse, barebacking, recreational drug use before sex, and not discussing HIV status prior to sex with a partner."
thebody.com/content/art28966.html

Netherlands legalized gay marriage in 2001 and, in 2005, no ‘marriage culture’ had appreciably been created among gays (even noted by a person who supports same-sex marrage :eek: ). On the other hand, heterosexual marriage has steadily been declining every year. :frowning:
Same-sex marriage in the Netherlands: parsing the stats
cathyyoung.blogspot.com/2005/11/same-sex-marriage-in-netherlands.html

More stats:
David McWhirter and Andrew Mattison conducted a non-random study of 156 stable committed male homosexual couples. They found that none of the over 100 couples that had been together for more than 5 years had been sexually monogamous or exclusive. The authors, themselves a gay couple, argued that for male couples, sexual monogamy is a passing stage of homophobia and that many homosexuals separate emotional fidelity and sexual exclusivity. What matters for male couples is emotional not physical faithfulness. D. McWhirter and A Mattison, “The Male Couple: How Relationships Develop” (Englewood Cliffs, Prentice-Hall)

Of course, despite all this, we must still learn to love our homosexual brothers and sisters! May Christ, Mary, and Joseph show us how to do so, teach us, instruct us, help us, and them! May the intentions of Christ, Mary, and Joseph be fulfilled!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.