Maloch, Mammon and Venus

The Homily after the readings this past Sunday was a great one. There was a deacon there that spoke about Maloch, Mammon and Venus. Can someone help me find out in the Bible where these three are mentioned? I am anxious to read about them. Learn too. Thank you.

You can use an online Bible to search for Mammon and Moloch; Venus is the planet also known as Lucifer or the morning star (day star).

Thank you but I was really hoping that someone could help me out with what they stood for.

Moloch, is a gigantic stone (owl-like) idol, that was worshipped by Canaanites (or similar pagans) and that many israelites started to worship. I think he is mentioned in Numbers but definently no later than Joshua. I would search in Numbers, Deuteronomy and Joshua.

Moloch=giant stone idol that pagans seduced some israelites to worship, btw, also famous for being involved in the Bohemian Grove ceremony but i’m not getting into that.
Leviticus 18:21; Leviticus 20:2-5; 1 Kings 11:7; 2 Kings 23:10; Jeremiah 32:35;
Amos 5:26; Acts 7:43

Mammon is commonly translated sometimes as wealth or money. Jesus said, “You cannot serve both God and Mammon.” [paraphrase] Mammon is also famous for being the demon representing the deadly sin of greed.

Mammon=wealth, greed
Matthew 6:24; Luke 16:8-14

Venus is the roman “goddess” of Love. In Greek, she is Aphrodite. However, Venus is also the second planet from the sun that is named after the pagan roman “goddess”. Venus is known for being the “morning star” or “day star” (although not like Jesus [the bright and morning star]) because it shines so brightly and closely, it can be seen in the daytime.
Isaiah 14:12-How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations?
Sometimes Lucifer is translated as Morning Star or Day Star

Sorry for so many details

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.