malpractice

After proven malpractice at a Catholic hospital that was covered up by the Administration where I worked for 34 years, I quit because it resulted in the death of my husband. Unfortunately, it involved several of the administrative people attended the same parish I attended and I was asked to be "silent" as I made them feel "uncomfortable" Was I wrong in the eyes of God in pursuing the truth in trying to find out the cause of my husband's death?Why should I be silent? The guilt I carry is insurmontable. I cannot attend the parish my husband and I belonged to for 33 years and I left my job of 34 years. I have walked away from everything because of the shame I carry for trying to find the truth.

[quote="Gloria_Rogers, post:1, topic:292688"]
After proven malpractice at a Catholic hospital

[/quote]

The authority did not work for that good, rather they covered it up. Your guilty should be motioning you to seek an authority:

So, you need to be in a constant routine of study of the faith through the Catechism of the Catholic Church (this being your authority): "because, if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For man believes with his heart and so is justified, and he confesses with his lips and so is saved. The scripture says, 'No one who believes in him will be put to shame.'" (Rom 10:9-11)

According to the teachings of the Church 'confession of the lips' is three-fold in its necessity for your salvation. One, confession of sins to a priest. Two, confession or admitting the all the good you received and giving God the praise for this. Three, confession of truth meaning giving 'fruit' to others fromwhich you have studied. (cf. S. Thomas Aquinas, Commentary on Romans, 832)

With those three-fold 'confession of the lips' you learn the comprehensive faith to believe in and with that you will not go to shame inside. Finally, with study and confession you need to supplement this with personal prayer for a personal relationship outside of the liturgy where your strength comes from, this "apex" is the word used by the church to describe the power of the liturgy. Flowing from the apex, immedately is adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and the Rosary. These are the most comprehensive ways to pray.

This link is an good message for you to spur you on, you should start by clicking this:
escrivaworks.org/book/christ_is_passing_by/point/134

ourcatholicprayers.com/blessed-sacrament.html
rosary-center.org/nrosary.htm

Not sure what you mean by "silent". When and where and about what to be silent?

By "silent" I was told not to speak to anyone about my husband, not to mention his name out loud to anyone in chuch so I do not make anyone feel "uncomfortable'; namely the other people in the parish. My husband was a businessman, owned his own business and was active in the parish also. He was known in the parish. I was told it would be best if I did not attend a the grief support meetings and not tell anyone about the 'real' cause of his death as it was negligence on the part of the hospital and then covered up by the administration

Grief support meetings at the parish?

Who asked you to remain silent about the matter?

The pastor of the parish felt it would be best for me not to speak about it and to remain "silent"

The administration said I made them feel "uncomfortable"

Wait, what?

This same administration that covered up negligence relating to your husbands death.

Well, all I can say is I hope it’s not nearly as ‘‘uncomfortable’’ as your lawyers are going to make them feel when they get sued into oblivion. :mad:

I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband - and there is no way on earth you should be carrying any guilt about this.

They’re the ones who contributed to your husbands death through negligence, then tried to cover it up, then you get told not to talk about it or even mention your husbands name, or attend the grief support group - and you’re told this by your priest :eek: :mad:

You shouldn’t be feeling guilty, you should be feeling furious!

Sarah x :mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.