Malta bishop threatens to suspend priests

Is this possible? He wants the priests to go against Church’s teachings.

Link?

lifesitenews.com/news/maltese-bishops-guidelines-can-only-be-called-disastrous

lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-maltas-bishops-to-allow-civilly-remarried-divorcees-to-receive-com

What the kind of news coming out from the Vatican these days, this is not surprising.

As a priest, of course I am going to implement the guidelines enacted by my bishop which he, in turn, promulgates to comply with new pastoral care.

If a priest does not submit with all deference to the bishop to whom he owes complete obedience, he invites suspension.

The bishops of Malta are wonderful ecclesiastics.

I have less than zero confidence in “Lifesite News.”

I think it more accurate to say that he is requiring his priests to follow the Church’s teachings. (BTW, lifesitenews is not a good or reliable news source.)

Man this stuff makes me angry, these are supposed to be the shepherds of the Church, Christ’s teachings on divorce and remarriage are unchangeable and contain no ambiguity.

It is either ‘till death do they part’ or it is not, it is either ‘in sickness and in health’ or it is not, you can’t have it both ways.

So theoretically, I could marry someone in the Catholic Church, and then she could just decide to divorce me and remarry someone else, then she could turn around the next day and be in full communion with the Catholic Church?

I guess there’s nothing I can really do about it, other then hang on and pray for the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. Especially for any priests under the authority of the Bishops of Malta that they can resist any moves that clearly violates the teachings of Christ such as communion for the divorced and remarried and not schism.

One can find a place in the Church for such people, especially Eucharistic Adoration, without giving them communion.

I hope this has helped

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Lifesitenews is a reliable and excellent website.

Malta bishops says, love wins!:rolleyes:

It’s either ‘Till death do they part’ or it isn’t, it’s either ‘In sickness and in health’ or it isn’t.

John the Baptist lost his head for this, and I am sure Herod could have come up with a very good sob story if need be.

Thank you for reading
Josh

The bishops of Malta are quite gifted and knowledgeable ecclesiastics.

I find it outrageous that people are daring to speak against them when they very clearly have no idea who it is they are even talking about.

I find it even more outrageous for people attacking the dubia Cardinals for doing an excellent job as princes of the Church.

Bravo Josh, for defending the sacrament of marriage!

Herod was knowledgeable too, I don’t really care how gifted or knowledgeable they are, that’s not worth much, I care about how much they love and are true to the one they serve, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Just like John the Baptist telling King Herod that it was unlawful?

Thank you for reading
Josh

John 12:42Nevertheless, many of the leaders believed in Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue. 43For they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

So now the Pope and the bishops are King Herod and whatever hacks churn out lifesitenews are John the Baptist? I thought you were Catholic?

This is reported to forum moderators on the grounds that you have personally defamed two exceptionally wonderful Catholic bishops.

Okay.

I have not defamed anyone, if they are now admitting the divorced and remarried to communion, then to my deepest sadness, they have defamed themselves.

Would you admit Herod and Herodias to communion? John the Baptist told them that it was unlawful and he ended up losing his head for it.

I’m sure Herod and Herodias could have come up with a very good story if need be, about mercy, and love etc.

If I should be banned or suspended, I stand by what I have said here, be what it may.

Thank you everyone for my time here on CAF :slight_smile:

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

It is better to be suspended or martyred than to sin. No human being needs to obey a priest, bishop, or pope or any human being which involves sin or cooperation in sin as it is written “We must obey God rather than men” (Acts 5:29).

:rotfl:

Perfect!

I just asked another poster if this** blog** ever dealt with life issues anymore.

Yeah, and Jack Chick was a brilliant artist.

No. If you think this is possible, you are mistaken about what is happening. I would suggest looking to some source more reliable than LSN.

Let the tyranny continue! SJW tactics to silence disagreements galore. I guess priests faithful to the magisterium are the only ones who must never obey their conscience.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.