Mama Mary's apparition

Hello! Would like to know where I can find in the Bible, about God allowing Mama Mary for these apparitions…

Had to defend this one…

Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

are you referring to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God? Which apparitions are you referring to? give us a clue, please. If you are enquiring about the general topic of Mary, and private revelation, look at past threads on these topics, and articles on the CA homepage

First of all, not all Catholic teaching is explicitly stated in scripture. After all, the Church came before the Bible was canonized and before the New Testament was even written. Also, be advised the Church does not require anyone to believe in any apparition. The Church has accepted certain apparitions as true, because there is nothing contained within them that conflicts with the teaching of the Church, and because they could find nothing to suggest that the apparitions were fraudulent in nature. The well known apparitions such as Fatima and Lourdes had some pretty stunning miracles associated with them. Since the Blessed Virgin has no power on her own to perform these miracles, it is only logical to assume that God was involved in them.

As far as scripture is concerned the only thing that comes to me right now is that we are told in the Bible that in the resurrection people will “be as the angels” (Mt 22:30). Since God repeatedly allowed angels to appear in apparitions, I see know reason why a saint could not. I don’t know what you mean by “these” apparitions. There are several apparitions that are under investigation, and some that are out and out frauds. We are prohibited from discussing unapproved apparitions in the forum.

Not to be disrespectful, but I would refrain from the phrase “Mama Mary”. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are using a term of endearment, however, it seems a bit disrespectful in print.

Since when has calling your own mother “Mama” been disrespectful?

yes…I am referring to the Blessed Virgin Mary…

I’m used to call her Mama Mary, since child that’s how I call her…I mean, having been taught by my mother --> she’s a devotee of the Perpetual Help Mother…

Any approved apparitions would do…or lets take for instance the Our Lady of Fatima and Our Lady of Guadalupe apparitions…

Sorry, if I have been vague…and I don’t know if it is a sign of disrespect to call the Blessed Virgin - “Mama”…

Thanks!

The witch of Endor saw an apparition of the deceased prophet Samuel who told King Saul of his impending doom in 1 Samuel 28:4-25.

Judas Maccabeus saw an apparition of the deceased high priest Onias and prophet Jeremiah who told him that he would crush his adversaries in 2 Maccabees 15:11-16.

The Apostles Peter, John, and James saw an apparition of the prophet Elijah (who had been assumed into heaven) and of deceased Moses who spoke with Jesus about “his passage, which he was about to fulfill in Jerusalem,” in Matthew 17:1-8; Mark 9:1-7; and Luke 9:28-35.

I think it is just a cultural difference… no problem, When I first read your post I thought to myself that “Mama” does not seem to be as reverent as “Blessed Virgin, Mother of God”. It is not a term that is one of the titles of Mary. But if that is a part of your culture, then that is fine with me. The important thing regarding the Blessed Virgin is that we love and respect her for all that she is to Christ and to us.

I think Todd Easton has posted a very good response, by the way.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.