Man accused of threatening priest at University Heights (San Diego) Area Church Arrested

A man who allegedly entered a University Heights church and threatened to kill a priest was taken into custody following a brief standoff.

10news.com/news/police-activity-reported-at-university-heights-area-church-101116
sandiegouniontribune.com/news/crime-courts-fire/sd-me-crime-priest-threat-20161011-story.html

Police said the man claimed to have a gun but was later found to be armed with only a pair of scissors he obtained inside the church…

… Officers surrounded the building, but the suspect refused and remained holed up in the church. Shortly after 12:45 p.m., the man surrendered without incident.

Luckily, they caught the man.

Lord Jesus, have mercy.

Thankfully, no one was harmed.

I am glad that they caught the man who was threatening to murder this priest. I wonder what his motivation was or if he was simply mentally ill or something?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.