Man Attacks Church Members As They Place Crosses

see www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-attacks-church-members-as-they-place-crosses/nbTfF/

Perhaps drugs have something to do with this?:hypno:

Honorius is mostly likely correct - I have no reason or cause to dispute it. Drug abuse in this society is a fact in a lot of incidents like this...

However, can this act of violence be written off and explained away by this fact? Why can't it be similar to the events Paul experienced as in described in 2 Timothy? Why isn't there more of an evil desire here rather that someone losing control while under the influence? Doesn't this event and news provide a richer lesson to us all?

The news report closed with this fellow Christian Women ringing her hands and dreading what tomorrow will bring when this man is out of jail. I could appreciate her fear and internalize it as if it was my own.

I am wondering if she will abandon her church - perhaps her faith.

[quote="Honorius, post:2, topic:342785"]
Perhaps drugs have something to do with this?:hypno:

[/quote]

He had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine...

:D ;)

Fear and Loathing jokes aside, I'd say there's a high probability he was on drugs, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of demonic involvement as well.

I am going to agree with others that he was probably on drugs. Of course he may have been possessed or something. Another possibility is that he is simply mentally ill.

How Frightening. I agree drugs or mental illness

Mary

"He doesn't look big," she said. "He's chubby. But he was strong like a horse."

Cocaine makes people strong and aggressive. Demonic possession does that, too. According to Fr. Gabriele Amorth, exorcist, superhuman strength by the possessed person is a common phenomenon.

As open as I am to the potential for demonic causes for certain problems; I'm definitely going to go with "High as a kite" on this one....

A salt shaker of cocaine....

Drugs or no drugs, if I was armed and at that Church, I would feel perfectly justified in protecting myself and others.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.