Man charged with threats on Wash. senator

Remember when we had the poster here telling us how comparatively law-abiding were the folks licensed for concealed carry of a weapon? Well, it is not comforting that this guy is registered for CCW.

WASHINGTON — The FBI arrested a Washington state man Tuesday on charges he threatened to kill Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., over her vote for President Obama's health care initiative. It was the second time since the bill passed that federal agents have apprehended a suspect for alleged death threats against a member of Congress....

In an affidavit filed in federal court, FBI agents said Charles Alan Wilson of Selah, Wash., threatened Murray's life in a series of obscenity-laced messages left on her office voice mail from March 22 to April 4. The House passed the Senate health care bill March 21, and Obama signed it March 23.

"I hope you realize there's a target on your back now. There are many people out there that want you dead," one message said. "Now that you've passed your health care bill let the violence begin."

Another message included this threat: "I want to (expletive) kill you."

The FBI's affidavit said Wilson, 63, had a permit to carry a concealed weapon and had a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver registered to his name. He had made harassing calls for "several months," but they escalated into death threats after the bill was passed, the affidavit said. "

usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-04-06-Murray_N.htm

So Wilson is not only opposed to the public helping the sick; he wants to kill those who do? :eek:

I try to be understanding but sometimes...... it's hard

[quote="Beau_Ouiville, post:1, topic:193765"]
Remember when we had the poster here telling us how comparatively law-abiding were the folks licensed for concealed carry of a weapon? Well, it is not comforting that this guy is registered for CCW.

WASHINGTON — The FBI arrested a Washington state man Tuesday on charges he threatened to kill Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., over her vote for President Obama's health care initiative. It was the second time since the bill passed that federal agents have apprehended a suspect for alleged death threats against a member of Congress....

In an affidavit filed in federal court, FBI agents said Charles Alan Wilson of Selah, Wash., threatened Murray's life in a series of obscenity-laced messages left on her office voice mail from March 22 to April 4. The House passed the Senate health care bill March 21, and Obama signed it March 23.

"I hope you realize there's a target on your back now. There are many people out there that want you dead," one message said. "Now that you've passed your health care bill let the violence begin."

Another message included this threat: "I want to (expletive) kill you."

The FBI's affidavit said Wilson, 63, had a permit to carry a concealed weapon and had a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver registered to his name. He had made harassing calls for "several months," but they escalated into death threats after the bill was passed, the affidavit said. "

usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-04-06-Murray_N.htm

[/quote]

That's it! One nutjob got a conceal/carry! Shut it down! No more conceal carry permits for anyone! It is the end of the world!!! ;)

On a more sane note, I'm glad they caught this guy. Anyone making death threats, conceal-carry permit or not, should be arrested.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.