Man in garbage can

Tonight as I was walking home, I saw a man laying in a garbage can on the side of the street (I live in NYC). He was literally laying with his head upside down in the can while sitting on the edge of an object parked along the side of the road. I think he was about to commit suicide, because his wrist was bleeding from the inside as he got up because a passerby spoke to him. He went his own way.

Please pray for him. I think he might have been trying to commit suicide while laying in that garbage can.He was wiping the blood from his wrist, and it did not appear to be anything that would not heal on its own, so fortunately he did not get very far.

Please pray for him that he will live and get the help he needs and be saved and find som love in and through his sufferings. Please help save his life.

Thank you!!!

Dearest Jesus please reach out and touch his hand and let him see the love in You eyes and heart for him…through the ongoing kindness and respect of someone…of others towards him.
My Angel please go to him with gifts of God’s love for him,
and for those suffering like him.

Jesus, inspire us with gospel love for others. Knowing that each person is Your beloved, we ask that You reveal those who are in need amongst us.

Alert us to those who feel unable to request help or cannot believe in its availability. Alert us to those whose poverty or anxieties make life seem endless struggle.

Alert us to the lonely, unwanted and forgotten ones, anyone whose self-worth desperately needs affirmation.

Bring before us those who suffer disappointment, tragedy, or upheaval, and who need others’ support until they rethink their lives and attitudes.

Alert us to those who are scarred or crushed by sins or guilt, so that through us You may express Your forgiveness, love and acceptance of them, and encourage their reconciliation.

Search out to us those who are in danger of losing their faith if no one shows them Christian love and witness.

Reveal to us anyone whose ability to persevere hangs on another’s kindness, inspiration or friendship.

Alert those amongst us who would willingly serve if they become aware of another’s pain and need.

Lead us to share our gifts with others with wisdom, cheerfulness, humility, gentleness and strength. In our dealings with others, let us bring living Christ.

Let those who are incapacitated or suffering offer their difficulties and joys to intercede for love and justice in our community and in our world. Let these blessed-deprived ones, along with all who are prayerful, unite their offering with the service of the prayerfully active, to bring Your kingdom of love amongst us.

Thank You for all healing and compassion that You activate in our hearts for others. We pray to act upon this compassion to assist each other in appropriate and valuable ways.

Jesus, you spent the last three years of your life unemployed and homeless, in order to preach and demonstrate the love of God and gospel truths.

Jesus said to him, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."Luke 9:58

.Jesus, You spent that last three years without income from Your trade.

Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many other women, all of whom contributed to the support of Jesus and His Apostles Luke 8:3

You depended upon the shelter of others’ homes,
and upon the financial support of friends and supporters
You know that when circumstances prevented You from earning Your living, others came to Your aid.

Your followers didn’t leave You exposed to the elements, hot and cold, wind and rain.
They did not leave You to starve.

And Jesus, though You were homeless and without a wage, You were not forgotten … Large crowds followed You…
Matthew 19:2 Matthew 8:1 Luke 9:11Matthew 14:13
and they honoured You…
The crowds going ahead of Him, and those who followed … … Both the crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed him kept shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David.” Matthew 21:9

**But Jesus, many homeless and unemployed have no one to help them.
No one to offer shelter.
No one to affirm that their lives have meaning and are precious.

Jesus I entreat You to embrace the hearts of the unemployed and the homeless, the neglected and the lonely, the desperate and the despairing…through the practical love and personal kindness of others,
to provide affordable shelter;
and where there is need, to help them to rehabilitate;
to supply jobs or support;
to share their food with them;
where possilbe, to reconcile them with their loved ones;
and with genuine love and wise practicality, to affirm their unique sacredness. **

And I pray a Pater Noster, Ave Maria, Oratio Fatimae, Credo and a Gloria Patri for the poor man.

In a selfish world that seeks to destroy You, O Lord, and in a world mounted with false gods and pyramids of pleasure, we seek You, O Lord with a loving and sincere heart.
In a listless world that has lost its divine beat and pulsates erratically with hate, envy, jealousy, greed, and every type of crime, we listen for the comforting words You uttered to a little girl when You took her by the hand and said: “Telitha Koum” - Little girl rise.
In a faithless world we strive to touch the hem of Your garment and our reach is not long enough, it seems, and our courage is hardly reflective of Your undying loyalty and love for us.
In a blind world we search the walls and wells of time, for at least some small penetrating light to restore our faith in You, O Lord and to leave all things directed to Almighty God.
In a musty and ill-smelling world sunken very low in the foul odors of the flesh pots of our sexually-crazed society we look to You, O Lord, for relief from the swamps of filth and corruption to make our taste and smell wholly responsive to the Divine Banquet and the Last Supper in reparation for our sins and the sins of others. The Last Supper became the beginning of our frequent convenant with You, O Lord, in the incensation of the oblation by the angels themselves and in the Divine-Human harmony.
In a deaf, indifferent, and unconcerned world, O Lord, grant us the hearing of the Holy Word and never close the Holy Words to us. We hope to share in Your life, in Your Peace, in Your Justice that we remain always in perfect accord with You. May the deep springs of grace issue forth the gifts and the fruits of the Holy Spirit so that we too may be filled with Divine Love and with Divine Compassion. We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ who dwells in eternity with the Father and the Holy Spirit as one God now and forever. Amen.

Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of my Jesus as a fountain of Love and Mercy for us, I trust in You.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Wow! Thank you so much to everyone for all of your prayers. I appreciate it so much and I am sure that he will appreciate them too some day :slight_smile:

Thank you thank you thank you!
God bless you all!!!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, that poor man from NYC is suffering so much and desperately needs your help. Assist him to get in touch with the right people who can help him. I pray that a good religious community tending to the poor can reach out to him and help bring him to Christ and to better circumstances. Mary, I recommend this man to you for his protection and well-being. Intercede to your Son that this man can be saved and get into heaven when his life is over. While in this life, if he has to suffer much, may it be in union with the sufferings of your Son Jesus. Help a good samaritan intervene in his life and be his advocate in these cruel circumstances he is in. Help your poor son of NYC, Mary! I beg of you! Amen.

Thank you!!! :smiley:

I hope that God has redeemed and saved this man's life.

Hail Mary full of Grace the Lord is with thee, Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Wow, thank you so much for finding this and praying for him! I completely forgot about this post, but seeing someone remember it touches me very much.

In our world people often seem afraid to reach out to the most troubled. I know from what I have been through personally, so I am glad that someone has remembered him in their prayers all these years later.

God bless you!

AMEN!

Lord please hear our prayers for this man and for all who are homeless and desperate.May we not harden our hearts to our brothers and sisters in need and love them just as You taught us.Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

God Bless You as well! Your compassion and sympathy have made it possible for others like myself to reflect on our life situations and how fortunate and thankful we are that there are people out there who cares. You have interceded on this man’s life and with that God is also interceding in you and blessing you in your life. God Bless you and Thank you for posts!

Thank you :slight_smile: That means a lot to me, especially as it seems everyone has abandoned me lately and no one will help me.

God bless you and I am so happy people are remembering this man! I shall never forget him. Thank you all for your prayers!

Thank you so much. It makes me so happy that people are remembering him. :slight_smile:

Lord please hear our prayers for this man and for all who are homeless and desperate.May we not harden our hearts to our brothers and sisters in need and love them just as You taught us.Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

You are welcome! I know exactly how you feel. Just remember, that God is always there! Hold on to him tightly. He loves you very much. Offer all your trials and sufferings to him for the salvation and conversion of sinners! I will keep you in my prayers! God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.