Man jailed for satanic slaughter of goat

news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23516994-911,00.html

Here’s one for all you metal heads and headbangers that deny the occult connection!

What is Brisbane church…I’ll have to look that up.

**A HEAVY metal rock band member was jailed today for his part in a Friday the 13th satanic ritual in which a pet goat was killed at a suburban Brisbane church

The key word is A. A member of a heavy metal band does not mean ALL members of heavy metal rock bands. I will admit that Heavy metal does attract some loons but the majority of listeners are pretty normal.

What is especially sad is that the goat was someone’s pet. :frowning: The article said that the animal belonged to a 15 year old girl.

Considering that loony behavior now sells records I wouldn’t be surprised if this jerk suddenly becomes an overnight success.:mad:

Poor musical judgement notwithstanding.

It simply means the church was in the city of Brisbane - rather like saying ‘a Los Angeles church’ or something.

The name of the actual church is given in the article - ‘Bellbowrie Community Church’.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I like a variety of music myself, heavy metal included. Thus far, I have not sacrificed any goats.

Or so you say. But since anyone that has even heard a single chord, let alone a bar, or even worse, a whole song of that evil rock music is under the influence of Satan, I’m not sure if we can trust you. :whacky:

They really have 7-11s in OZ?:rolleyes:

I don’t know if it was the music or not, but they do say that Ozzie bit a head off a bat.

People having fixations on any wrong focussed thing, music included, can become a conduit for evil. Hitler had a fixation on Wagner and he had 6 million Jews killed and threw in another 6 million people for good measure.:frowning: Wagner’s music was full of pre-Christian pagan themes, so maybe there is a connection …

BA-ZING!!!

Sadly, yes.

I seem to remember seeing some when I was there, at least.

I don’t know if it was the music or not, but they do say that Ozzie bit a head off a bat.

Stage accident, actually. Ozzy had a gimmick where people would throw rubber bats – you know, the dollar store kind that look more like the Batman logo than any actual flying mammal – up on stage and he’d bite the heads off and toss em back. Some joker pitched a real bat at him and he didn’t realize it in time.

Now, he did bite a pigeon’s head off during an argument with his record company. As I recall, that was during one of his more… ah, troubled… periods – and even then, I’d say he was doing the world a service: one less airborne rat. Tom Lehrer would have approved (‘every Sunday you’ll see/my sweetheart and me…’). But sure, the guy had some serious problems, and actually expressed them frequently in his music – ‘Suicide Solution’ about alcoholism, and so on. He’s managed to get past those though, and is a devoted family man, and, as I recall, a Christian.

Besides, while Black Sabbath was long the most famous scapegoat for the evils of metal, they really weren’t particularly evil: they just liked old horror movies and scary-sounding music. The band name is from a classic horror flick, not the way they spent their Sunday evenings.

Now, sure, you’ll have people like Varg Vikernes – an actual metalhead menace to society, burning churches and all – popping up and using the ‘trve metal’ bollocks as an excuse or being crazy enough to believe it. Doesn’t do a damn thing to discredit the entire genre – I mean, has anyone abandoned Christianity because of Paul Hill?

People having fixations on any wrong focussed thing, music included, can become a conduit for evil.

Agreed.

Hitler had a fixation on Wagner and he had 6 million Jews killed and threw in another 6 million people for good measure.:frowning: Wagner’s music was full of pre-Christian pagan themes, so maybe there is a connection …

Some of it was. The Ring cycle, of course, and a few other operas – but plenty of his other work drew on chivalric legend more than anything else. Der Fliegende Hollander can also be seen as a very Christian tale, full of themes of atonement and self-sacrifice. There isn’t much to build a connection on: Wagner was a great German mind, so of course he’d have been co-opted by German nationalists. Much like Nietzsche, who was vehemently anti-nationalism but through a little creative editing became a philosophical figurehead for the Reich.

There’s a certain sector of pop-evangelicalism that gets all excited over the prospect of rebuilding the Jerusalem Temple.

Yet, no matter how you slice it, it wsa a glorified slaughterhouse.

What do they think went on therein? Cantats and revivals?

Nietzsche was totally nuts and a close friend of Wagner and the Wagner family had a close realtionship with Hitler…all three had a fixation of the Pan-German movement which had a fixation on Pre-Christian paganisn and very anti-semitic. Co-opt or one of the building blocks? Maybe a little of both.:shrug:

Originally Posted by Mirdath

*Der Fliegende Hollander can also be seen as a very Christian tale, full of themes of atonement and self-sacrifice. *

*Suicide is not the Christian idea of self-sacrifice.:cool: *

Nietzsche was a friend of Wagner. The two had a falling-out of legendary scale – we’re talking up there with Jason and Medea.

And yes, Nietzsche was insane in his later years, but as for a nationalist fixation, you’re barking up the wrong tree entirely. He loved his country but despised nationalism.

*Suicide is not the Christian idea of self-sacrifice.:cool: *

You mean like how God committed suicide by cop in order to found the religion in question?

God as the author of life isn’t subject to the same rules. We’re forbidden suicide precisely because our lives weren’t created by us and therefore aren’t our own to dispose of, but God’s. God’s life, on the other hand, IS His own and He can dispose of it as He sees fit.

Kinda like how I can key or torch my own car if I want, but not a company car that I am using, nor anyone else’s car.

I can understand that – not agree with, but understand – but at the same time the analogy presented to me is that ‘torching cars is not an idea in any way connected with the Church of the Smokin’ Ford’.

One would think that Bennie’d never heard of the idea of a literary Christ-figure, honestly.

What do you mean another 6 million people for good measure?

The holocaust is estimated to have claimed between 10-12 million lives. The other 5-6 million included:
Soviet POWs 2–3 million
Poles 1.8-2 million
Roma 220,000–500,000
Disabled 200,000–250,000
Freemasons 80,000–200,000
Gay men 5,000–15,000
Jehovah’s
Witnesses 2,500–5,000

But it is estimated that Stalin killed 20 million people in his reign, why is Hitler worse? I believe it’s because of WHO he killed not that he killed people in general. How many German prisoners that were captured in Stalingrad and elsewhere that went to slave labor camps never reached home again? How many Poles were killed by the Soviets as they pushed into Poland? They have stacked the deck against the Nazis while forgetting or wiping the slate for the Communists. I wonder why they would do that, if you wonder too, look into the Bolsheviks and find the similarity of the people in that murdering party. :eek:

Fascism killed so many less than Communism EVER did in the 20th century. If you don’t think that is true, combine the death toll of both the Soviet Union and China during Mao. Yet, which one is currently denying civil rights to their citizens, it’s not Hitler’s party, what does that say about world war II? :twocents:

Ryan 29 based on your post you might find this article by Pat Buchanan interesting:
buchanan.org/blog/?p=976
’Was It ‘The Good War’?’

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.