Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a bus with an atheist slogan proclaiming “There’s probably no God”.
Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with “shock” and “horror” at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest.
First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.
Buses across Britain started displaying atheist messages in an advertising campaign launched earlier this month.
Mr Heather told BBC Radio Solent: "I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face, my first reaction was shock horror.
"I felt that I could not drive that bus, I told my managers and they said they haven’t got another one and I thought I better go home, so I did…

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7832647.stm

YAY!!

I hope he doesn’t lose his job over this. Congratulations to him for standing up for his beliefs!

First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.

It would seem that the company is going to try to work with him on this. That is good.

May the Lord bless this man for his loyalty.

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2139913.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

Unbelievable witnessing by this busdriver who refused to drive a bus with the message that there is no God. May God reward him for taking this stand especially in this time where jobs are difficult to come by for many.

BUMP

I think he’ll be forced to drive the bus eventually. We’ll have atheist funamdentalists screaming that he wants to impose his religion on others. :shrug:

It’s amazing that they didn’t fire him immediately. I think he would have been fired in the U.S. Probably in the U.S. the ACLU would be suing him for censorship for not allowing people on his route to read atheistic message.

Much ado about nothing?
What next? Vegetarian drivers refusing to drive buses with meat adverts? Muslim drivers refusing to drive buses with Christian adverts? etc etc etc …

Muslim taxi drivers are already refusing to pick up people who have dogs or alcoholic beverages with them.

another much ado… and in some cases, like refusing seeing-eye dogs, it’s criminal. These attitudes only contribute to the acceptance of many other discriminations. Based on this, other drivers could also refuse to pick-up people wearing turbans or crucifixes, for example…
The companies employing these people will probably evolve and add clauses into their new contracts, specifying that employees cannot pick and choose which buses to drive based on the adverts displayed.
The irony is that some of these people are often the first ones to cry religious discrimination when they are refused something.

As they want to do with us.There is nothing more dogmatic nor triumphalist than an athiest.

Yup. They have their evangelists in black robes to make sure that the official government religion, Atheism, is imposed on the people.

Would it be a sin to drive that bus?

What would you do if you were the bus driver?

I would demand that the theist position be equally represented also.

As if there aren’t theist messages and advertisements on buses…

Is there More to Life than This? (Alpha Course):
churchestogetherhalifax.org.uk/sites/88/images/bus2.jpg

Proud to be a British Muslim:
s001.blogmatrix.net/users/tuatara/podcasts//2007/10.01/0000/London_Bus_1.jpg

Again… much ado about nothing…

It would be funny if a driver walked out of his duties because he doesn’t agree with the color red and demand an alternative to accomodate his belief.

Does the ad really say There’s “probably” no God? They’re using “probably” just in case there is? LOL!

The driver should have written: There “DEFINITELY” is a God…and you “DEFINITELY” will meet him on your way to a “DEFINITE” place!

You’re the one who took out the ad, aren’t you.

In the United States, at least, the government is secular. It’s not imposed atheism. I, for one, would never want to live in a society upon which atheism is imposed…or upon which a particular religion is imposed.

At any rate, I fail to see how permitting atheists to advertise in the same way as theists is “imposing” anything on anyone.

[quote=sisterpatril]Does the ad really say There’s “probably” no God? They’re using “probably” just in case there is? LOL!
[/quote]

Well, humans can know nothing for 100% certain – human knowledge deals in degrees of likelihood. This is the reason that atheism isn’t a posiiton of faith. Based on absence of evidence for any god, it is highly unlikely that any of them exist.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure about that?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.