Man who almost died from coronavirus tells Fox News how drug backed by Trump saved his life

Man who almost died from coronavirus tells Fox News how drug backed by Trump saved his life

Rio Giardinieri felt like he was close to death but recovered after taking hydroxychloroquine.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 - 6:35 pm EST.

March 25, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — A 52-year-old man who thought he was going to die as a result of the coronavirus told Laura Ingraham of Fox News that he believes the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine saved his life.

Rio Giardinieri says he had been suffering with a fever for nine days, that his breathing became worse, speaking became difficult, and that he expected to die as a result of the coronavirus.

But Gardinieri decided to request hydroxychloroquine from medics after a friend of his from a prayer line told him about the drug. That friend had seen the drug covered recently on Ingraham’s show. . . .

. . . On Monday Ingraham tweeted an article from Forbes highlighting the case of Margaret Novins, a 53-year-old nurse from New Jersey who reports that her fever was gone within a day of taking hydroxychloroquine, after testing positive for the coronavirus. . . .

1 Like

This man must have been smart enough to not think fish tank cleaner and a medical drug are the same.

6 Likes

Did a doctor think or say he was near death?
His symptoms are the same as thousands who’ve recovered in the same period of time without taking this drug.
He believes it saved his life, but there is no way to know if it had any effect or not.
IMO it’s irresponsible for “LIFESITE” to publicize a drug that is not FDA-approved for this virus.

3 Likes

Didn’t you post this two days ago?

Checks…

Yep, same dude as two days ago.

2 Likes

Trump is NOT a doctor!!!

Please do not follow him or any T.V. Dr. Call your own doctor !!!

sallybutler (on a thread that has a news story that has absolutely nothing to do with “Trump” being a “doctor”) . . . .

Trump is NOT a doctor!!!

Please do not follow him or any T.V. Dr. Call your own doctor !!!

Good grief.

1 Like

Tucker: Why are media pundits trying to discredit hydroxychloroquine?

Mar. 26, 2020 - 7:50 - If President Trump is for it, the media is against it, even if it might save American lives.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6144778167001?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

Tucker, falsely claiming that the media is trying to discredit hydroxycholoroquine when the reality is that they are just reporting the news and properly advising people that there has been no clinical trials and they should be very careful or else you end up dead like that poor man who poisoned himself. You know, I thought this guy’s career was destroyed when Jon Stewart exposed him, but I guess they needed someone to play the Glenn Beck/Bill O’Reilly fake tough guy/fake martyr/fake straight shooter after those O’Reilly disgraced himself.

1 Like

drcube . . .

that they are just reporting the news

No drcube. That is exactly the problem.
The media (some of it) is NOT “just reporting the news”.

Yes, they are. Tucker is trying to drum up the fake outrage because it draws ratings and you post him fake outrage here.

3 Likes

I disagree.

That doesn’t surprise me. Go ahead and make an argument on why you are right. Without a bunch of questions. Just, this is why I think my view is right. Try that for me.

1 Like

drcube . . .

Try that for me.

No.

That’s too bad. I was looking forward to analyzing your thoughts on it.

2 Likes

One case? This is a drug we are talking about?
If they had a story about one case of leeching it wouldn’t make the show for one reason.
Trump didn’t say leeching.

They create a shortage so people with the condition the drug exists for cannot get it. That was what happened when Trump started talking about it

I’ve come to the conclusion that punditry is possibly the worst invention of our age. Non experts get in front of a camera and make grand declarations on topics they are utterly ignorant of.

5 Likes

It is not the punditry per se. It is the internet makes it possible for for them to reach the world with the “grand declarations on topics they are utterly ignorant of”.

2 Likes

No, it goes way beyond that. The punditry of the past was reserved for Sunday morning news programs or the opinion page of the local newspaper. With the advent of the Rush Limbaugh show and the 24 hour news cycle, we end up with a lot more punditry then is useful. For example, instead of diving deeply into a topic (which a 24 hour news channel will allow), you end up with 4 people talking over each other blabbing the talking points of their individual parties. Then you get the internet, alternative facts, and people just endlessly repeating the same talking points on places like this. And you get a lot of fake experts as well. This has been a 40 year evolution to where we are now, which is a disbelief is expertise.

1 Like

One might think that this epidemic would be an occasion for the bonfire of such vanities.
On the other and, no matter what the carnage, it may be that survivors will somehow feel that their opinions are vindicated

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.