Man who almost died from coronavirus tells Fox News how drug backed by Trump saved his life

No, there is no respect for expertise and the pundits who generally skew nothing but the political talking points now dominate all discussions. The experts (scientific) are maligned and only have valid opinions if they coincide with political beliefs.

I’m glad this worked for him :slightly_smiling_face:

But please understand that the info on zithromycin/chloroquine is still anecdotal and preliminary.

It’s not a political football, it’s just that we’re still in a learning curve about Covid19.

2 Likes

0Scarlett_nidiyilii . . .

I’m glad this worked for him :slightly_smiling_face:

Good.

Some people are angry that this man did well. Their actions say so.

But please understand that the info on zithromycin/chloroquine is still anecdotal and preliminary.

Absolutely correct.

Nobody here is pushing this regimen.

I hear ya.
It’s just that some folks have been making many noises about fishbowl cleaner.

1 Like

I know,huh!!

2 Likes

Very true, but I see little harm in balancing all the negative hype with a few rays of hope. I’m confident we will quickly find and validate methods of treatment that reduce morbidity, at least in the USA.

2 Likes

Yes, I hope they can get enough volunteers for the tests they need to conduct. They are having trouble getting volunteers, which I am sure how more to do with the lack of publicity about the need than anything else.

drcube . . .

Yes, I hope they can get enough volunteers for the tests they need to conduct. They are having trouble getting volunteers, which I am sure how more to do with the lack of publicity about the need than anything else.

Who is having the trouble?

Do you have a link?

I suppose if they cannot do apporpriate-sized randomized prospective studies, they will do what they can.

Retrospective studies which admitedly introduce biases, but will be a starting point.

One thing’s for sure.

Right now at least there, by definition, cannot be ANY LONG TERM randomized prospective studies.

1 Like

drcube. From your own article . . . .

Minnesota doctor engaged in FDA-approved Hydroxychloroquine trials lacks volunteers

The drug is being tested both as a preventive measure and a potential treatment.

By Misha Rezvi

March 25, 2020, 3:30 PM

. . . But one of his biggest problems? He needs volunteers, and lots of them. Boulware is seeking 1500 volunteers for the first trial, but in the week since he obtained FDA approval, he has managed to recruit only 411. Recruitment for the second trial, which is also seeking 1500 volunteers, is going even slower. As of this writing, he has only 25. . . .

OK.

So the obvious question is “why” is he lacking volunteers?

He already had 411 for his first trial (and 25 by that writing) for his second.

This far from being small is HUGE.

Not for the numbers he needs,
but in relation to people in MN that have confirmed Corona Virus.

Q: How do you know THAT Cathoholic?

A: I checked their public health department.

As of right now there is only 346 confirmed cases in the whole state! (And he has well over 400 volunteers for his study.)

Here it is (but you have to check it today as it will change by tomorrow or you can take my word for it).

Situation Update for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Minnesota Case Information

Not all cases of COVID-19 are tested, so it is not a representative of the total number of people in Minnesota who have or had COVID-19. Number of positive cases is the cases that were tested and returned positive. All data are preliminary and may change as cases are investigated.

Updated March 26, 2020

• Total positive: 346
    • Patients who no longer need to be isolated: 134
  • Total approximate number of completed tests: 12,950
    • Approximate number of completed tests from the MDH Public Health Lab: 6,849
    • Approximate number of completed tests from external laboratories: 6,101
  • Deaths: 2
  • Total cases requiring hospitalization: 41
    • Hospitalized as of today: 31

Numbers are cumulative since Jan. 20, 2020.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html

That suggests almost everybody that has tested positive in MN (plus probably a few from Wisconsin and Iowa and minus a few others) have entered the study.

OVER 100% of the “MN victims” (accounting for out of state entries), have entered his study!!

So it is obviously wrong to conclude he cannot find volunteers because they are afraid, or because there are inordinate risks, or whatever.

What do think he wants? More people to get Corona Virus?

Hardly. He just wants a decent study.

Far from this discrediting President Trump’s comments regarding the possible efficacy and benefit of the Hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin regimen . . . It reinforces it.

The article does not ask the obvious questions, and I am afraid the implicit implications of this (which you and I’m sure you and many others
drew from the ABC article) are fake.

You have been victimized by ABC News here I’m afraid.

People die because they get pneumonia. They can’t breathe. Does this drug cure the lungs?

Missing the head banging against a wall emoji

1 Like

Sally butler. . . .

People die because they get pneumonia. They can’t breathe. Does this drug cure the lungs?

Yeah. And other people live after their pneumonia and assert their antibiotics and good care saved their lives too!

But where have you ever derided THEM here on CAF? Do you have one or two links if those please?

Where is your head banging “emoji” (Your term. Not mine.) against them like this from you? . . .

Missing the head banging against a wall emoji

Does it bother you how this guy attributes his care/cure?

Can’t we just rejoice in that?

Some people out there are angry that this man got better and he is asserting these things.

My suggestion is don’t be influenced by their envy, especially the envy constantly peddled by the media.

Actually, 1500 will probably be needed to make the results statistically meaningful. So, the numbers are awfully small. Also, I did not even suggest that the reason that he doesn’t have enough volunteers is because people are afraid. I doubt that most people even know about this and many would be willing to volunteer if they knew about it.

1 Like

Data supporting it’s efficacy will be soon in coming

2 Likes

That’s exciting. I hope the test is successful.

4 Likes

More anecdotes on it, hope it is not coincidence. Another person put on chloroquine just before she was expected to die.

2 Likes

Then you repeated this claim in a later post. Are you trying to build a straw man?

Show me one person who is angry this man recovered.

1 Like

LeafByNiggle . . . .

Show me one person who is angry this man recovered.

No.

For everybody else, look at the media and see what some of their actions tell you.

I think your straw man just fell down of its own accord.

1 Like

I think it is very telling that you cannot provide an example.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.