Manga about Pope Benedict XVI

Has anyone seen this? Hope this becomes available in my area.

reginadoman.blogspot.in/

amazon.com/Habemus-Papam-Pope-Benedict-XVI/dp/0983639752/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349924114&sr=8-1&keywords=habemus+papam+doman

I dub this manga as the Seventh-Day Adventist’s worst nightmare. :slight_smile:

Wow. I’ve never thought that somebody would draw a manga on the Holy Father’s life.

Cool.

Finally! Some manga that puts the Pope in a good light! I hope to see ads for this manga on the Catholic Answers shop or the EWTN Religious Catalogue one day.

It’s an OEL (Original English Language) manga, though, just so you know.

Manga in style only. Though I will say the art looks better than your typical OEL manga.

Yes, this is from the western company Manga Hero:
mangahero.com/
They also have a series on Judith and Paul of Tarsus.
They made a number of portraits of saints here:
mangahero.com/saints
And they are working on a steampunk-looking new series that doesn’t seem to be related to biblical work:
mangahero.com/manga/many-are-called

http://www.mangahero.com/manga/many-are-called

I have this one (and the St. Paul one)! It’s based off of the Parable of the Wedding Feast (Matthew 22:1). It’s really good!

I’m not sure why people make such a distinction between the artistic quality of home-town Japanese manga and OEL manga. Yeah, there are some OEL mangas that weren’t as up to par as the Japanese ones. I’ve seen BREATHTAKING manga-type artwork done by people all over the world. The Japanese aren’t the only ones capable of creating good manga art.

Why should “OEL manga” be categorized as being of lesser artistic quality than the ones that come from Japan. Yes, Japan is the homeland of manga, but I think the rest of the world is perfectly capable of creating some beautiful work as well. Why do you think there are so many sources out there to help people across the globe make it as manga artists/writers? They see the potential :thumbsup:

Is this a stand-alone book, or the first of several? It says Volume 1 on their homepage, but doesn’t say anything like that on the Amazon page.

It’s a stand-alone book.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.