Many Former Muslims Become Catholics

Many former Muslims become Catholics after they realise the Arabic word “al Islam” means in English “the Church” and that true Muslims actually those who accept Jesus Christ as the last prophet of “al Islam” (aka “the Church”) who is true God and true man as decreed by the Council of Chalcedon 451 AD.

The Cathecism of the Catholic Church (CCC) states that both Christians and Muslims worship one God, which is very true as the Arabic word “Muslim” refers to “members of the Church”. When His All Holiness Pope John Paul II kissed the Quran, he was speaking in tongues, a prophetic message telling the Iraqi Christians to spread the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the Muslim world so that Muslims will abandon the Arian heresy and become true Muslims, faithful to the last prophet of mankind, Jesus Christ, true God and true man, as taught by the Holy Council of Chalcedon 451 A.D.

The present Pope HH Benedict XVI also bravely condemned Mohamed’s teachings as evil and inhumane, despite the tragic violence that followed. This is proof His All Holiness Pope Benedict XVI is a true Muslim, a Trinitarian Muslim who accepts Jesus Christ as the last prophet of Islam. Muslims should follow the real Quran, Jesus Christ, the word of God, second person of the Holy Trinity, not the false prophet Mohamed, who was not a real Muslim but a kaafir.

These Former Muslims who become Catholic Christians are proud to be murtads are getting themselves organised and formed a Council of Ex Muslims, which is accessible on the Internet here.

Fascinating. Do you have any sources other than a Malaysian blog (which is linked to later in your post) to back up this statement? How many Malaysians have become Catholic? And what about the inhabitants of other predominantly Muslim countries?

after they realise the Arabic word “al Islam” means in English “the Church”

Just for the record, the Arabic word al-islaam (الاسلام) means “submission”, while the term for “church” is al-kaniisa (الكنيسة).

Nice blog sir . but I am not sure what you mean about JP2 speaking in tongues !

I see many educated muslims converting to Christianity. Restricted access to reading material in most Radical Islamic Countries is not a good thing.

I think it’s important to get into what words have come to mean. “Muslim” has come to mean a member of the Islamic faith that worships one “God” but that “God” is in opposition to the truth. I still believe that the word “Allah” which means “god” has taken on a new meaning. It has become the proper name for the Muslim god. It still make no sense for Muslims to say “there is no God but Allah”. Why not say," there is no Allah but Allah" if God and Allah are the same word (which they are)? Words evolve, and “something” has happened over the ages.

The so-called “Arabic” word al-kaniisa (الكنيسة) is actually NOT Arabic but Syriac, and translates into Greek/English as “synagogue”. The Israeli Parliament is called in English “Knesset”, which originates from Syriac for “synagogue”.

The Jews go to “knesset” (that is in Greek/English “synagogue”) on Saturdays, while we Syriac Christians go to “knesset” (al-kaniisa) on Sundays.

Syriac Church particularly my own Chaldean Church of the East can speak Jesus own language, which is an OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of the new Iraq ! Thanks Bush ! In Chaldean Neo Aramaic language spoken by Mar Emmanuel Delly, we use the words “go to kanisa on Sundays”, which is Jewish for “go to synagogue on Sundays”.

So you see, Arabic language has a lot of loan words from Syriac language of Jesus Christ. The Arabic Quran was actually a plagarisation of the Syriac Talmud !

It does not surprise me much. After all Jesus predicted this. He said the world would not end until his words have reached the whole world.

We all pray to the same God, we should not be surprised he would bring us all together. This is just the beginning of the beginning:D

I thought the Pope was Catholic.

What doesn’t make sense is that they start off by saying “there is no God…” they’re denying the existence of God.

But Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use the same word as Muslims for God–namely Allah. I explain the phrasing “There is no god but God” later in this post.

Murtad was being clever/facetious, arguing that to be truly Muslim (i.e., one who submits to the will of God) is to be… trinitarian.

What doesn’t make sense is that they start off by saying “there is no God…” they’re denying the existence of God.

The shahada–Islam’s profession of faith and verbal baptism–was first composed in Arabic. A translation of the formula into English which is faithful to the original structure will be “There is no god but God…”.

Even in today’s Modern Standard Arabic, the most eloquent manner of rendering the notion of “only” is to employ the phrase “not… except”. So, a statement like “The only thing left in my fridge is a jar of fig jam” in English would become something like “Nothing is left in my fridge except a jar of fig jam” in Arabic.

(I never expected to find such an obscure point of Arabic grammar to be helpful in a discussion on CAF!)

[quote="murtad, post:1, topic:278350"]
Many former Muslims become Catholics after they realise the Arabic word "al Islam" means in English "the Church" and that true Muslims actually those who accept Jesus Christ as the last prophet of "al Islam" (aka "the Church") who is true God and true man as decreed by the Council of Chalcedon 451 AD.

The Cathecism of the Catholic Church (CCC) states that both Christians and Muslims worship one God, which is very true as the Arabic word "Muslim" refers to "members of the Church".

[/quote]

That's an interesting interpretation of the words, "Islam" and "Muslim." I've always understood "Islam" to mean "Submission," and to be honest, I've always thought Catholics would do well to practice "Islam" in the sense of "submission to God's will and the authority of the Church." In that limited sense, Catholics who practice this sort of Islam could be called Islamic Catholics or Catholic Muslims, which would just be another way of saying "faithful" or "orthodox" Catholics. Of course, it's not a term one could really use because it would be confusing.

I've never thought of "al Islam" as "the Church" or "Muslim" as being "a member of the Church," but I don't know Arabic, so perhaps there is a double meaning there too.

The faith going by the name of Islam arose as a sort of heresy of Christianity with an emphasis on Old Testament law, to the extent that it can be seen as a heresy of Judaism. Much like Catholicism completes Protestantism, which is incomplete and heretical with very significant elements of truth and some error, so does Catholicism complete Islam, which is more incomplete and heretical, but still with significant elements of truth and somewhat more error.

So much like the Protestants who submit to the authority of Scripture and to God's will, will find their faith completed in the Catholic Church, so too will Muslims, who, enlightened by the Holy Spirit faithfully try and submit to God's will to the best of their understanding, find that their faith in the One True God will lead them to His True Church.

We all pray to the same God, we should not be surprised he would bring us all together. This is just the beginning of the beginninghttp://www.spgames.info/g.gif

It is the teachings of the apologetics lessons I have found that ''Allah is the Arabic word for God.

Important notes.. The first pillar of Islam is to publicly profess that, "There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet." By saying this Muslims are rebuking Christians for believing in the Trinity. Muslims consider the Trinity as blasphemy. The Muslim's holy book the Koran condemns the Trinity.

' Sura4:171-172The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was no more than God's apostle, and His Word which He cast to Mary; a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His apostles and do not say:"Three"..God is but one God. god forbid that He should have a son!
The following passage in the Koran teaches that Christians believe that BOTH Jesus AND MARY are a part of the Trinity.

Sura 5:115-116 Then God will say:''Jesus son of Mary, did you ever say to mankind" Worship me and my mother as gods besides God?" : Glory to You he will answer" I could never have claimed what I have no right to... I told them only what You bade me. I said, " Serve God my Lord and your Lord".
The misinformation Muhammed gave his followers was from a sect of heretical Christians known as Nestorians

Muhammed in Muslims eyes is the last and final great true prophet of God. Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet who prepared the way for Muhammed. (much like John the Baptist prepared the way for Jesus) Muslims do NOT believe that Jesus IS God. They consider it blasphemy that Christians worship Him as God.

Muslims reject all study and speculation on the nature of God. They do not believe that God is our Father, and they do not believe that we are created in His image. They reject as blasphemy the belief that we can become sons, and daughters of God.

I fail to see where such misinformed a religious group of people could become Catholic in their beliefs. Although both Christians and Muslims agree on the need to pray daily and the need to give alms for the poor, the second and third pillars, Muslims prohibit reflection and speculation in matters of faith, and if the Koran is not recited in Arabic the prayer has no effect to better someone and is of no good use. Higher forms of prayer that involve speculation, meditation, and contemplation are very hard to find in Islam. And this makes Islam VERY different in relationship to Catholicism and Christian teachings.

But it is with respect and love of neighbor that we are to treat our fellow Muslim followers, so I am my brothers keeper to have compassion and empathy toward, but to explain the differences to those who do not understand the differences in belief systems and religions. One can NOT say that Muslims worship God in the way that we do, because the Muslim religion has a different view of our religion and what and who God truly is. It is important to know this in the future.
God Bless You All,

It is Simple Bernadette, when they hear the true word of God, with the help of the Holy Spirit they will come to accept it and embrace it the same as the early Jews did at the time of Chirst.

Look at Saint Paul. who would have imagined a Man who persecuted Christians would become a Apostle of Christ. Its the Holy Spirit that will bring them to the fullness of the Church. As Christ said those who are mine will follow me and keep my truth.

Very true rinnie, very true.
God Bless,

Have you read the Cathecism of the Catholic Church (CCC) ? In it, you can see it is written Christians and Muslims worship one God.:smiley: Thus, His All Holiness Pope Benedict XVI is a true Muslim, a Muslim who worships the true God, the Holy Trinity. All Catholics are real Muslims, while the Sunnis or Shias are fake Muslims, and thus we have the right to call a Sunni as kaafir.

The new Iraq is model Catholic country as its head of State, President Jalal Talabani is a Trinitarian Muslim who accepts the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed. Jalal Talabani rejected the Sunni faith as a heresy accusing Umar al Khatab of being “a kaafir” and “a racist”. Jalal Talabani has since been baptised into the Chaldean Church of the East and he celebrated the Holy Qurban with His All Holiness Mar Emmanuel Delly.

This is a good sign that many Muslims will soon accept the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed but they will not call themselves as “Christians” prefering to continue to be Muslims who are proud members of the Catholic Church.

I think all of this is very interesting Murtad, as it seems to tie in with private revelation.

Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser is greatly respected by Pope Benedict XVI and like Saint Hildegard of Bingen (who is going to be declared a doctor of the church later this year) he predicted an Age of Peace for humanity after Islam converts en masse to the Catholic Church:

"After a world war will come a new period, in which two mighty ones will face each other. The wrangle between these two will begin in the second half of the twentieth century. It will overthrow mountains and silt up rivers. A great change will come to pass, such as no mortal man will have expected; Heaven and Hell will confront each other in this struggle, old states will perish and light and darkness will be pitted against each other with swords, but it will be swords of a different fashion. With these swords it will be possible to cut up the skies and split the earth. A great lament will come over all mankind and only a small batch will survive the storm, the pestilence and the horror. And neither of the two adversaries will conquer nor be vanquished. Both mighty ones will lie on the ground, and a new mankind will come into existence. God possesses the key to everything. Blessed is he who will then be able to praise him, having obeyed all his commandments. And the great monarch of the world will create new laws for the new mankind and will cause a new age to begin, in which there will be only one flock and one shepherd, and peace will be of long, long duration, for the glory of God in heaven and on earth...

"When everything has been ruined by war...the Hand of Almighty God will work a marvelous change, something apparently impossible according to human understanding. There will rise a valiant monarch anointed by God. He will be a Catholic, a descendant of Louis IX, yet a descendant of an ancient imperial German family, born in exile...Persecution will cease and justice shall rule. Religion seems to be suppressed, but by the changes of entire kingdoms it will be made more firm.

He will destroy the rule of Islam. His dominion will extend from the East to the West. All nations will adore God their Lord according to Catholic teaching. There will be many wise and just men. The people will love justice, and peace will reign over the whole earth, for divine power will bind Satan for many years...

The Fifth Epoch of time dates from the reign of Charles V until the reign of the Great Monarch. The fifth period of the Church, which began circa 1520, will end with the arrival of the holy Pope and of the powerful Monarch who is called "Help From God" because he will restore everything…

The fifth period is one of affliction, desolation, humiliation, and poverty for the Church. Jesus Christ will purify His people through cruel wars, famines, plagues, epidemics, and other horrible calamities... It is a period of defections, calamities and exterminations. Those who survive the sword, plague and famines, will be few on earth. Nations will fight against nations and will be desolated by internecine dissensions…

During this unhappy period, there will be laxity in divine and human precepts. Discipline will suffer. The Holy Canons will be completely disregarded, and the Clergy will not respect the laws of the Church. Everyone will be carried away and led to believe and to do what he fancies, according to the manner of the flesh…

They will ridicule Christian simplicity; they will call it folly and nonsense, but they will have the highest regard for advanced knowledge, and for the skill by which the axioms of the law, the precepts of morality, the Holy Canons and religious dogmas are clouded by senseless questions and elaborate arguments. As a result, no principle at all, however holy, authentic, ancient, and certain it may be, will remain free of censure, criticism, false interpretation, modification, and delimitation by man…

These are evil times, a century full of dangers and calamities...Bishops, prelates, and priests say that they are doing their duty, that they are vigilant, and that they live as befits their state in life. In like manner, therefore, they all seek excuses...

The Sixth Age of the Spirit commences with the powerful Monarch and the Holy Pontiff... This will be an age of consolation in which God will console His Spirit of the affliction and the great tribulation of the preceding age. All the nations will be united in the Catholic Faith. The sacerdocy will flower more than ever, and men will seek the kingdom of God in all solicitude.

"The Lord will give good pastors to the Church. Men will live in peace and this will be granted because people will make their peace with God. Men will live in peace, each in his own field. They will be reconciled with the one God. They will live in the shadow of the powerful Monarch and of his successors. They will live under the protection of the Great Monarch and his successors.

"Many saints and doctors will flourish in the earth. Men will love reason and justice. Peace will reign in all the universe, because the divine power will bind Satan for many years, until the son of perdition will rave anew.

"The Sixth Epoch of the World, which commences with the emancipation of the people of Israel and the restoration of the Temple and of the city of Jerusalem, will endure until the advent of Jesus Christ.

"For likewise, in this epoch, the people of Israel will be consoled to a very high degree by the Lord, our God, who will deliver them from the captivity of Babylon. The kingdoms, the nations, and the people will submit to the Roman Empire [new global structure], furiously vanquished by the very powerful and very illustrious monarch who will govern during fifty-six years, rendering the peace of the universe...Thus, in the Sixth Age, God will delight his Church with the greatest prosperity.

(continue...)

…For, although, in the Fifth Age, we saw everywhere the most deplorable calamities: whereas all is devastated by war; that the Church and its members are rendered tributaries; that the subjects are tormented…man himself will be so astonishingly changed by the hand of God, such that no one can imagine humanity. For the powerful monarch, who will come like an envoy of God…will subdue all to his will and will employ his zeal in favor of the true Church of Christ. All the false teachings will be relegated to hell. The empire of the Mohammedans will be broken and this monarch will reign in the orient and in the occident. All the nations will come and adore the Lord their God…

Now the Great Monarch also will dominate over all the beasts of the earth, that is to say over the barbarian nations, over the rebellious peoples, over the republics and over all men dominated by their evil passions.

It is in that age that the relation of the sixth Spirit of the Lord will be known, that is to say the Spirit of Wisdom that God diffuses over all the surfaces of the globes in those times. For men will fear the Lord their God, they will observe the law and serve it with all their heart. The sciences will be multiplied and complete on the earth. The Holy Scriptures will be unanimously understood, without controversy and without the errors of heresies. Men will be enlightened, so much as in the natural sciences and in the celestial sciences.

“Finally, the Sixth Church, the Church of Philadelphia, is the type of this sixth age, for Philadelphia signifies friendship of brothers, and again guarding the heritage in union with the Lord. Now all these characters convene perfectly in the sixth age, in which they will have love, concord and perfect peace and in which the powerful Monarch will have to consider almost the entire world as his heritage. He will deliver up the earth, with the aid of the Lord his God from all his enemies, of ruin and of all evil.”

- Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser, Catholic prophet and visionary, 1646

[quote="murtad, post:16, topic:278350"]
The new Iraq is model Catholic country as its head of State, President Jalal Talabani is a Trinitarian Muslim who accepts the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed. Jalal Talabani rejected the Sunni faith as a heresy accusing Umar al Khatab of being "a kaafir" and "a racist". Jalal Talabani has since been baptised into the Chaldean Church of the East and he celebrated the Holy Qurban with His All Holiness Mar Emmanuel Delly.

[/quote]

Do you have a source for this information? The Wikipedia article on Iraq's president says that Jalal Talabani's religious affiliation is (still) Sunni Islam.

I'm glad to hear that others are coming to the truth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.