Many Protestants Are Just Plain Ignorant

tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=2040

[Malta] is entrenched in Catholicism and the majority of the people worship Mary instead of her son, Jesus Christ

Comments, please.

What do you expect? Protestant Churches brainwash their people to believe these lies and their missionaries are those they have succeeded in brainwashing fully. Pray for the Maltese, that they may not fall for the lies, and pray for the missionaries that they may come into communion with the one true Catholic and Apostolic Church during their stay.

It’s about a stupid as it gets.

I dont think Baptist are Protestant.

Def.Protestantism

One of the three major branches of Christianity, originating in the 16th-century Reformation. The term applies to the beliefs of Christians who do not adhere to Roman Catholicism or Eastern Orthodoxy. A variety of Protestant denominations grew out of the Reformation. The followers of Martin Luther established the evangelical churches of Germany and Scandinavia; John Calvin and more radical reformers such as Huldrych Zwingli founded Reformed churches in Switzerland, and Calvin’s disciple John Knox established a church in Scotland (Presbyterianism). Another important branch of Protestantism, represented by the Church of England and Episcopal Church, had its origins in 16th-century England and is now the Protestant denomination closest to Roman Catholicism in theology and worship. The doctrines of the various Protestant denominations vary considerably, but all emphasize the supremacy of the Bible in matters of faith and order, justification by grace through faith and not through works, and the priesthood of all believers. In the early 21st century there were nearly 350 million Protestants in the world.

They are Christian, but not Catholic, or Orthodox, I’m going to lump them in as protestant as their warped theology comes from the protestant breakaway groups from the times of Luther and Calvin.

Hail, Holy Queen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of they womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.

“I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” -Isaiah 42:8

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:” -Exodus 20:4

“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them…” -Exodus 20:5

“I, the Lord, am your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob” (Isaiah 49:26)

That is why God sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to redeem us. He alone was qualified. Since He was the Son of God, His life was of infinite value and able to redeem all mankind. Having been made “in the likeness of men” (Philippians 2:7), He was capable of both representing humanity before God and physically dying (Hebrews 2:14-17). Since He was without sin, His life was an acceptable sacrifice (1 Peter 1:19; 2:22). Christ alone, therefore, deserves the title of Redeemer. “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain” (Revelation 5:12).

“Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” -Philippians 2:9,10

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” -Acts 4:12

“But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do…” -Matthew 6:7

many say the word gospel means, “good news” but in actuality it is only good news for those who receive it with singleness of heart. To others it is the stench of death…eternal death. Revelation 14:6-7 tells us the message of the everlasting gospel–“Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and WORSHIP HIM that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” There is only one way to do this–through the blood of Jesus Christ. REPENT ye and BELIEVE the gospel!

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Romans 10:9).

The only way to be saved is by doing GOD’S WILL. What is God’s will? We find the answer in John 6:40, “And this is the WILL of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

God’s will is for each and every person to see Jesus as He is portrayed in the Word of God, repent and to believe on Him.

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” -1st Timothy 2:5

Hope this helps:tiphat:

thats their only way to keep their religions alive.

I think is awfull that when someone believe those lies, it is virtually imposible for them to quit those ideas.

What about the liberal, rebellious sons and daughters of the Anabaptists and thier proselytes? They’re Baptist too!

Yeah, they’re protestant too.

Im amaze ,well, I will do my best and give you my humble opinions about this.

“I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” -Isaiah 42:8

Take heed, first of all when we pray to Mary the glory is not for her but entirely and totaly to God becasue he is the one that gave her all her virtudes, Mary is the slave of God the one that did Gods will. Therefore all the glory is enterely to God.

“neither my praise to graven images”

That was on the jewish covenant pay attention.

The laws of the OT on the covenant of Moses were laws about staying away from paganism.
their laws consisted in not to make images.

However what about the statues of Cherubines that were in the Ark of the Covenant?

God allowed them, why? Because the law about not havign images was a law that God made especifically for the covenant of Moses. Why?

because they were primitive people with primitive minds, and they were surrounded by pagans, and if they had images then that would lead them to paganism.

So that is why God permited the statues of the Cherubines in the ark of the covenant. therefore that law was strictly to that covenant in that time and to those people and not for us right now.

One must read the bible as a book Covenants, not as a novel!

Also people tend to think that because they have the bible they have the total authority by quoting passages.

You should rather realize that the church fathers, the very disciples of the apostoles, knew the bible more than you.
and they defended the devotion to the saints and to Mary.

No more ignorant than many others have proven themselves about denominationss not their own, much less religions not their own. This is precisely why I stress that folks should treat opportunities such as are available here to talk with others of another religion about what their beliefs really are (at least those interested in actual civil discourse:) ) as a gift, an opportunity to learn. Accurate knowledge makes one look like much less of a dunderhead when speaking :slight_smile: .

A Catholic looks at statements like “worship Mary instead of Jesus” and then write off as hopelessly ignorant, not worth the time and to be avoided if possible not only the particular person who made the statement, but all of that denomination and, as can be seen by the title of this thread and subsequent posts, a huge swath of the entire faith (Protestants). All based on the uninformed statement of one person. Note that this is from Christians about other Christians, a faith with which they should be relatively familiar.

Translate that into an ill-informed statement from a Christian (Catholic or Protestant) about the beliefs of another religion, one with which they are much less familiar. What impact does that one statement have not only on that Christian’s attempts to talk to the non-Christian about Christianity relative to the person’s beliefs, but every other Christian’s attempt in the future to talk with that non-Christian? This has huge implications for a faith that stresses evangelization, in fact which believes it has a divine mandate to evangelize.

This is the real primitive church:

In the early days the Christians were accustomed to solemnize the anniversary of a martyr’s death for Christ at the place of martyrdom. In the fourth century, neighbouring dioceses began to interchange feasts, to transfer relics, to divide them, and to join in a common feast; as is shown by the invitation of Saint Basil of Caesarea (397) to the bishops of the province of Pontus. Frequently groups of martyrs suffered on the same day, which naturally led to a joint commemoration. In the persecution of Diocletian the number of martyrs became so great that a separate day could not be assigned to each. But the Church, feeling that every martyr should be venerated, appointed a common day for all. The first trace of this we find in Antioch on the Sunday after Pentecost. We also find mention of a common day in a sermon of Saint Ephrem the Syrian (373), and in the 74th homily of Saint John Chrysostom (407).

canticanova.com/articles/ot/artb11.htm

Also Saint Ireneaus say:
newadvent.org/fathers/0103110.htm

1. As I have already observed, the Church, having received this preaching and this faith, although scattered throughout the whole world, yet, as if occupying but one house, carefully preserves it. She also believes these points [of doctrine] just as if she had but one soul, and one and the same heart, and she proclaims them, and teaches them, and hands them down, with perfect harmony, as if she possessed only one mouth. For, although the languages of the world are dissimilar, yet the import of the tradition is one and the same. For the Churches which have been planted in Germany do not believe or hand down anything different, nor do those in Spain, nor those in Gaul, nor those in the East, nor those in Egypt, nor those in Libya, nor those which have been established in the central regions of the world. But as the sun, that creature of God, is one and the same throughout the whole world, so also the preaching of the truth shines everywhere, and enlightens all men that are willing to come to a knowledge of the truth. Nor will any one of the rulers in the Churches, however highly gifted he may be in point of eloquence, teach doctrines different from these (for no one is greater than the Master); nor, on the other hand, will he who is deficient in power of expression inflict injury on the tradition. For the faith being ever one and the same, neither does one who is able at great length to discourse regarding it, make any addition to it, nor does one, who can say but little diminish it.

while the Catholic Church possesses one and the same faith throughout the whole world, as we have already said.
    “end quote”.

If you read those paragraphs you will realize that the so call primitie church was spread through all the world and yet it had **the same tradition, the same rites and the same costums. **and it was “universal” "catolic"

st.Augustine , st Irenenaus and st. Ignatious of antiouch the disciple of John made mention of the christian church as “catholic”.

Catholic Catechism
"2132 The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, “the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype,” and “whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it.”[70] The honor paid to sacred images is a “respectful veneration,” not the adoration due to God alone: "

First of all, not bowing to a graven image is the 2nd command, not the first.The 10th commandment into two to make up for the missing 2nd commandment. Why are there two commandments telling us not to covet? Seems kind of strange don’t you think? You can’t just eradicate the 2nd commandment!

God clearly warns us in Exodus 20:4-5 NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images. The brazen serpent was God’s idea, not Moses. God never told us ANYWHERE in the Word of God to make a statue of anyone or anything. The Israelites were instructed to “look” to the serpent (which pictured Christ) and live. The people were NOT instructed to bow, honor, or pray to a statue.it’s a direct violation of the 2nd Commandment

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God…” -Exodus 20:4,5

John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

“Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” -Philippians 2:9,10

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” -Acts 4:12

Mark 7:13…

“Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition…”

For there is one God, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:5

Paul VI, Christi Matri. “The Church … been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary … For as St. Irenaeus says, she 'has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race”

John Paul II, Mother of the Redeemer, 1987.

Pius IX, Ubi Primum, 1849: “For God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that THROUGH HER are obtained every hope, every grace, and ALL SALVATION. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary.”

Leo XIII, Supremi Apostolatus, 1883: “O Mary, the guardian of our peace and the dispensatrix of heavenly graces.”

Plus X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: “It was granted to the august Virgin to be together with her Only-begotten Son the most powerful Mediatrix and Conciliatrix of the whole world. So Christ is the source . . . Mary, however, as St. Bernard justly remarks, is the channel, or she is the neck by which the Body is united to the Head… through which ALL spiritual gifts are communicated to his Body.”

Benedict XV, In a decree on Joan of Are: “In every miracle we must recognize the mediation of Mary, through whom, according to God’s will, every grace and blessing comes to us.”

Plus XI, Miserentissimus Redemptor, 1928: "Confiding in her intercession with Jesus, “the one Mediator of God and man, who wished to associate his own Mother with himself as the advocate of sinners, as the dispenser and mediatrix of grace.”

Plus XII, Superiore Anno, 1940: “As St. Bernard declares, 'it is the will of God that we obtain favors through Mary, let everyone hasten to have recourse to Mary.”

Scripture is clear that the Lord alone is our redeemer. To Israel God proclaimed, “I, the Lord, am your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob” (Isaiah 49:26). The New Testament Scriptures reveal that it is in God’s “beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins” (Colossians 1:13-14). God justifies sinners “through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus” (Romans 3:24).

:slight_smile:

Im not an apologist im jstu givign my humble opinion about it.
The qoutes about the catheism and the catholic qoutes are right.

but you are misunderstanding them and using them wrong.

what about the covnertion of Saul in which Jesus told him Saul why you percecust me?
but Saul wasent persecuting Jesus “but his followers”.

There you can see that there is a close link with Jesus and the peopel taht give themselves entirely to him. and God ackwledge them as a part of himself because of his love to those peopel taht give their life for him, as u read above.

The prayers and the veneratiosn when we pray to Mary, go to her but from her to Jesus and at the end the entire veneration is for God.

Now answer me about the Cherubines, did they represented Jesus? not at all, they were diferent being and they had statues of them in the very ark of the covenant and God allowed it.
Why ?
Because they served God like the saints and Mary do.

Malta is 97% Catholic, I don’t know what they expect to accomplish. Also, they speak so highly of the apostle Paul, I wonder what they would do if they realized he was Catholic. But, just wait until they try sending “missionaries” to the Vatican.

Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”

They hope to convert them to “Christianity”, away from the evil of Catholicism. Remember, us Catholics worship Mary.

Baptist missionaries to the Vatican, eh? Don’t laugh, that’s next.

Anyway, Catholicism is the OFFICIAL State Relgion of Malta - their parliament should take the time barring Protestant “missionaries” from the country. Show them some “freedom of religion”, Catholic style!

All that does is make it appear that Catholicism is unable to stand up to scrutiny or questions that might be raised by outsiders. We already see that approach from other theocracies and it is not impressive.

How does an officially Catholic government making it ILLEGAL to spread heresies make it seem that Catholicism is “unable to stand up to scrutiny or questions”? Seems to me that sends a strong message:

WE DON’T WANT YOUR KIND AROUND HERE

Remember, “freedom of religion” is a heresy, not part of the Catholic Faith.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.