Mar. 10 - Wk 1, Day 7 towards Consecration

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Ah, the wisdom of the saints! How grateful to God I am for His work in the soul of St. Louis de Montfort. For over two centuries, his work has inspired the Church with True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

If anyone has not read his little treatise; read it whenever you can. I prayed St. Louis de Montfort’s Act of Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary as a teenager, before reading his treatise, or knew much about him. It was only later that I began to appreciate what he had written and how he lived his own total consecration.

Today as we end Week 1, let us be grateful. What a joy to know the gifts God blessed us with in our Baptism, and the gift of this journey toward perfectly renewing our Baptismal promises consecrating ourselves, Mar. 25, on the Feast of Mary’s “Yes”!

If you began the journey and have not been able to keep up, please don’t be discouraged. Start today, saying your “yes” with Mary, and continue as you are able. God gives us one day at a time, and His Grace is sufficient. Let us renew our effort, remembering the Words of St. Louis:

1. During the first week they should offer up all their prayers and acts of devotion to acquire knowledge of themselves and sorrow for their sins.

Let them perform all their actions in a spirit of humility… Every day they should say the Litany of the Holy Spirit, with the prayer that follows, as indicated in the first part of this work. They will turn to our Blessed Lady and beg her to obtain for them that great grace which is the foundation of all others, the grace of self-knowledge. For this intention they will say each day the Ave Maris Stella and the Litany of the Blessed Virgin.

Litany of the Holy Spirit is HERE
Ave Maris Stella is HERE
Litany of the Blessed Virgin is HERE

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.