March for life news coverage

I received this email…I thought it was a great idea.

To all, Here’s a thought: ever wonder why none of the news stations cover the March for Life besides EWTN? Let’s all start emailing and calling FOX news asking them to cover the March for Life. They will already be there for the inauguration so why not stay a couple extra days? Please pass this on so others can email FOX News. Simply send an email to: yourcomments@foxnews.com

Be sure to include your name and where you are from in the email. Subject line: March for Life news coverage For example:
(you can even cut and paste my letter to use)
Hi my name is Claire Massery and I’m from Carriere, Mississippi. On Thursday, January 22, 2009 the March for Life will be taking place in Washington, D.C. I’m writing to ask FOX News to please cover this major news event. The March has been known to draw over 200,000 people who still believe in the words of Thomas Jefferson, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

I just sent in my request!:thumbsup:

I went to the March two years ago. I thought when I came home I could watch some coverage- Nah! Our newsrooms think otherwise.

I am going again this year, and I will ask for coverage. Just don’t hold your breath! They will be tired after the inauguration, come on…

I’ve seen the March broadcast on C-span a few times.

But I like EWTN because I like the interviews with Marcus Grodi.

Also, sometimes I wish some pro-life celebrities would speak, instead of the coverage of just politicians and religious. (perhaps they do…but aren’t shown in the broadcasts?)

That’s a great idea! I think I’ll email some of my locals too.

I guess what I really think it deserves is prime time coverage! I know we get the Catholic coverage and sometimes CSpan. However I want all the networks to at least show some of it.

Prime time is between 7-11 pm EST, when viewership is highest and network shows are on. Believe me, prime time coverage of the March for Life is not going to happen.

The best you can hope for is the occasional snippet on the evening news (likely not even all broadcasts), maybe CSPAN and FOX, and perhaps your local stations’ coverage of groups who may be in attendance.

Besides EWTN, I’ve watched full coverage on C-SPAN in years past; sometimes they’ve had it live, but recently more on tape-delay. Maybe this year the cable news channels with have some live coverage as a contrast if Obama signs that executive overseas aid for abortion tomorrow.

One thing I’ll never forget is the year CNN had a preview of the event with the teaser showing the pro-life side, then the pro-abortion side…the anchor didn’t know he was on the air and he pumped his fist in the air at what the pro-abort was saying; I could never watch him again.

To the OP,

I live in the DC area and actually just emailed myfoxdc before seeing your post. I have been watching the local morning news (although I did miss some of it.) I have also checked their website for any mention of the March for Life, but there was nothing related to it. How very sad. I’m sure if it had been just about any other group, it would have been big news around here.

Lack of coverage is very sad. I work at a small daily newspaper in the bible belt, and our publisher even said that we could not put any stories in the newspaper about it, something about it being too controversial or whatever lame reason it was.

Oh, life in the secular media! Luckily, since I do the daily news podcast, I made sure to feature the story heavily in that!:thumbsup:

Funny though, I thought Fox News was supposed to be the “conservative” news channel.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.