Marian Consecration and grace and sacraments

Hi all,

I am currently doing the 33 days to morning glory retreat and have a question. Disclaimer, feel free correct if I wrong please! I am here to learn.

One of the concepts of Marian consecration is that she then distributes the graces in your life. Does this apply to actual graces or sanctifying graces as well? I am just thinking that when I go to receive Jesus in the Eucharist I receive sanctifying graces from the sacrament as well if I go to confession. A person who is consecrated to Jesus through Mary, would the graces of the sacraments go through Mary? Or would God directly impart them on us?

However, how would the Marian consecration impact this channeling of graces? Please feel free to give me any additional information you may thing would be helpful to better understand this!

Thank you!

I am also curious about this.

@MariaChristi

Please Help

@snowywinter

Dear Francis, and snowywinter,

The best article, I would recommend to help in understanding God’s Plan for the distribution of graces is given in an article, titled: “Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces” written by Father William Most. The article can be found HERE. The concluding words of Father Most’s article sums it up well:

…since Mary was associated with her Son in acquiring grace for us, she will also share with him in distributing that grace to us. This fits well with the words of the Popes, who call her the administra of grace, meaning that she administers or dispenses it. So Pope Leo XIII, Iucunda semper , said:

“… when He [the Father] has been invoked with excellent prayers, our humble voice turns to Mary; in accordance with no other law than that law of conciliation and petition which was expressed as follows by St. Bernardine of Siena : ‘Every grace that is communicated to this world has a threefold course. For by excellent order, it is dispensed from God to Christ, from Christ to the Virgin, from the Virgin to us.’”

snowywinter, I would also recommend St. Louis De Montfort’s treatise on “True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin” which can be read online HERE. It can also be purchased inexpensively in paperback.

1 Like

@snowywinter , as you continue your preparation for making an Act of Consecration to Jesus through Mary your understanding will grow .

As I understand it , through this Act of Consecration you make a choice to offer ALL to Jesus through Mary , and submit to receiving ALL from Jesus through Mary .

May the Holy Spirit living in Mary enlighten us all .

May all be led to making an Act of Consecration to Jesus through Mary .

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.