Marian Consecration

I have been wanting to grow spiritually for a while; but often felt a if I were floundering. I asked our Lord for clarity and it always posted to our Blessed Mother. When I first heard of the 33 day consecration to Jesus through Mary, I knew I’d found what I had been searching for. I would love to do my consecration on January 1st. However, I was not able to go to confession this week, can I start the preparation without going to confession, but go to confession as soon as possible after starting the preparation? :shrug: :confused:

I’m pretty sure the book says you can delay Confession if you’re unable to go. Just make a good act of contrition and go for the 33 Days to Morning Glory. Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

There is no official consecration.
This one worked for me:
Total Consecration: A Nine-day Preparation

I have been wanting to grow spiritually for a while; but often felt a if I were floundering. I asked our Lord for clarity and it always posted to our Blessed Mother. When I first heard of the 33 day consecration to Jesus through Mary, I knew I’d found what I had been searching for. I would love to do my consecration on January 1st. However, I was not able to go to confession this week, can I start the preparation without going to confession, but go to confession as soon as possible after starting the preparation?

I completed my first 33 day Consecration to Jesus through Mary earlier this year. I did it through my Church. I signed up at Church and they sent me an email each day with the prayers and the required reading/meditation. I was consecrated on Our Lady of the Rosary. It was really special. Our Bishop led us in the Rosary, said Mass then the Consecration.

I did not go to confession on the actual day of my consecration, I went 5 days prior before Sunday Mass. My Church told us we should go to confession either 8 days prior or 8 days after consecration and to receive Communion on the actual Consecration day, which I did.

I do not remember if I went to confession before starting my Consecration but since I go to confession monthly, I probably went in the middle of my Consecration and the Sunday before my actual Consecration day.

**I know you must examine your conscience prior to beginning your Consecration but I do not believe you must go to confession before starting. **

If you are still in doubt, just ask your priest the next time you see him.

God Bless

@brad90956 Thank you! I fully intend to go to confession as soon as possible after starting and th standard 8 days before consecration! I am nervous, overwhelmed, but oh so excited about starting this journey!

That’s how I felt when I first read True Devotion to Mary: that it was what I’d been looking for for years. It’s now been two years since I made my first consecration, and I feel the same way. Be sincere, but avoid being scrupulous about the consecration. Let Mary guide you. It’s about drawing close to her. True Devotion to Mary says in the back that the preparation can be modified according to circumstances, and as I recall St. Louis talks about how external parts of devotion to Mary can be modified according to circumstances. He says the interior part of the devotion is what matters most.

I’m so happy for you, that you are learning how much Jesus loves you in Mary!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.