Marian Quiz

May is Mary’s month, so here’s a brand new quiz I made up in her honour. I hope you enjoy it!

100% - yeehaw!

Sorry but the site is totally confusing. Where is the quiz?

Click on the second last link in that white box - the words “Catholicism and the Blessed Virgin”

I got 7/10 (-:

I got 7/10 which I guess is good for me because I really don’t know very much about mary and all the feast days and stuff like that. :thumbsup:

I got 90%. I almost got the one about the oldest feast right, but I persuaded myself that I was over-thinking it. I had read that Jan. 1 was a very ancient Marian feast, but I figured the Annunciation was probably the right answer. Oh well. I wanted to be able to brag that as a non-Catholic I aced the Marian quiz!

Edwin

You beat me :thumbsup: (that isn’t saying much) but Good job :slight_smile:

Got a 90…missed number 5 :blushing:

You are 90% knowledgeable about the Blessed Virgin!

I got the one about the Saint fighting Albigensian heresy wrong.

I made the quiz for you, lak! :stuck_out_tongue:

nice idea but how do you take the quiz, I certainly don’t see a link to it on the site you lead us to.

Thank you! I have always liked your quizzes.:slight_smile:

When you click on the orange letters, you will get the quiz.

There are two links. One in the text, where it says, “I created a quiz,” and the other is in the box that displays the quiz results.

Only reason I knew the one about the Albigensians? One of the jokes on the “Catholic Jokes” thread in Family Life

*What do the Jesuits and Dominicans have in common?

Well, they were both founded by Spaniards, St. Dominic for the Dominicans, and St. Ignatius of Loyola for the Jesuits. They were also both founded to combat heresy: the Dominicans to fight the Albigensians, and the Jesuits to fight the Protestants.

*What is different about the Jesuits and Dominicans? *

Well, have you met any Albigensians lately?

Arrrgghhhh!

I can’t believe the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, celebrated on 01 January, is the oldest Marian feast. Prior to Vatican II, 01 Jan was the Feast of the Circumcision.

What giveth? :confused:

It’s always been both, if my understanding is correct. The Feast of the Circumcision has kinda lost favour, though, much like the Feast of the Precious Blood.

It is mentioned as both Circumcision and Divine Maternity of Our Lady in my 1962 Missal.

:smiley:

In the pre-Vatican II liturgy, the feast of the Motherhood of Mary was 11 October. 01 January was for a brief period in the 1960s called simply “The Octave of Christmas”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.