Marian T. Horvat

I found and thread and now have lost it. It had something to do with Mother Theresa. There was a comment about Marian or Mary Horvat and I was wondering what the author meant? Are they pro or con? I was just wondering. Thank You and God BLess…:slight_smile:

Here’s an article by Dr. Horvat on Mother Teresa. It’s very eye-opening and simultaneously disappointing.

traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a013htMotherTeresa.htm

This is her website: Tradition in Action. They have just recently moved in the realm of heretics by claiming the New Mass is illegitimate. They generally make huge mountains out of nothing, such as Benedict wearing sunglasses means he is modernist. All in all, I read them, but only for laughs, and have written several letters to them pointing out their lies.
It is best to just stay away from them, however.

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

P.S.
Here are links to their articles on Mother Teresa:
traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A154rcJPII-MotherTeresaGandhi.htm
traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A067rcMadreTeresaBudha.htm
traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a013htMotherTeresa.htm (I see this one was already posted)

P.P.S
Here is here Bio at “Daily Catholic”: dailycatholic.org/mhorvbio.htm. She has reasoned in the past that associating with heretics makes one guilty of heresy. If that is true, she is a heretic by her own definition, as “Daily Catholic” is a heretical organization that is sedevacentist.

Now that you’ve done a good job trashing Dr. Horvat up and down the street, why don’t you tell us whether she’s correct about Mother Teresa?

By the way, when was sedevacantism condemned by the Magisterium of the Church as a heresy?

Or is this one of your “lies”?

This form of ‘knee jerk’ apologetics where if someone points out an error in a Catholic icon that the proper action is to call them a liar and a heretic instead of actually dealing with their arguments is utterly detestable.

It is kind of implicit in the Pope claiming to be Pope.

From Pastor Aeternus: [note: from the abridged version]
3. Therefore whoever succeeds to the chair of Peter * obtains by the institution of Christ himself, the primacy of Peter over the whole Church. “So what the truth has ordained stands firm, and blessed Peter perseveres in the rock-like strength he was granted, and does not abandon that guidance of the Church which he once received” [47].

1. For this reason it has always been necessary “for every Church–that is to say the faithful throughout the world–to be in agreement with [the Roman Church] because of its pre-eminent authority.” In consequence of being joined, as members to head, with that see, from which “the rights of sacred communion” flow to all, they will grow together into the structure of a single body [48].

If you deny that the Bishop of Rome is the successor of Saint Peter, you are a heretic according to Vatican I. Seems pretty cut and dry does it not?

Yours in Christ,
Thursday*

Please stay on topic. If you stray into side issues and the thread is hijacked, I will have to close it. Thank you.

Sorry, I’ve been busy as of late. I’m the one who brought up Horvat. Marian Horvat believed Mother Teresa to have been unorthodox and sufferring from indifferentism and, of course, questions her beatification.

According to this article, Mother Theresa suffered an extended dark night of the soul for the last half of her life. There is a book coming out about it, that is based on her letters to her spiritual director.

That proves nothing about her holiness. Even Christ asked from the cross “Father, why have you forsaken me?”

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

Who said it proves anything? I posted it because it’s a really interesting article about a great woman who is on her way to canonization. It reveals little known information about her.

I read this, PM. Fascinating.

Sorry, I misconstrued your posting of it as evidence for Horvat’s claims about Mother Teresa.
Again, terribly sorry.

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

Have any of you read the books on Mother Mariana de Jesus Torres or Our Lady of Good Success?

Yes, I have and was just now looking for the information in My Docs. but, unable at this time.
However, check out this site on Horvat…
catholicculture.org/reviews/view.cfm?recnum=3026&repos=2&subrepos=&searchid=50705

Gerard, I almost got sucked into Horvat website back in 2004. In fact now that I think about it, I believe it was the way I came to find this great forum (CAF).
Dr. Horvat makes many statements ridiculing the Roman clergy, the Pope, and many prominent Catholic leaders and religious.
See what Dr. Horvat has to say about Pope John XXIII…:eek:
traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a006bIncorruptPopeht.htm

And I did a search right here on Catholic Answers & got a hit of 200 results found for: Dr. Marian Horvat…
catholic.com/search.asp?query=Dr.+Marian+Horvat&=GO
Hope this helps.

You know, I actually rather like Marian Horvat’s articles on manners, customs and proper dress. She wrote one a few years ago titled “Is Fast Food Protestant?” that was actually rather thought provoking.

It’s just a shame that so much of her talent goes towards the radical anti-everything-VII articles, where she takes quotes out of context and distorts anything that doesn’t fit the narrow view of Catholicism that she holds.

I thought Marian Horvat was a man - why can’t Poles have sensible names ? :slight_smile:

What was the answer to the question about fast food ? :slight_smile:

I tend to read multiple websites for more information. Whenever there’s a conflict, I like to read at least both sides of a story or try to verify what they are saying.

Dr. Horvat makes many statements ridiculing the Roman clergy, the Pope, and many prominent Catholic leaders and religious.
See what Dr. Horvat has to say about Pope John XXIII…:eek:
traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a006bIncorruptPopeht.htm

Dr. Horvat isn’t a ridiculing person and I haven’t seen that evident in her writings. But she is critical of many of the actions and policies of the recent Popes in particular. That’s no crime. It’s actually quite Catholic. The main emphasis should be on determining whether or not what she states has truth to it.

And I did a search right here on Catholic Answers & got a hit of 200 results found for: Dr. Marian Horvat…
catholic.com/search.asp?query=Dr.+Marian+Horvat&=GO
Hope this helps.

It’s a shame that there is a lot of conflict and infighting among Catholic apologists.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.