Marijuana is good

Marijuana is a plant. God made all plants and said they are good.
Laws against good things are bad laws.
That angry feeling many of you have for thinking wrong all your life is pride leaving you.

Wrong. Pot has mind altering properties. Its classified as a drug so when one uses it, the main purpose is to get high which the catechism condemns

Poison ivy is good. I wouldn’t use it for camo though, or body oil, or as an herb.

Nightshade is a plant. Nightshade is good, therefore it is perfectly Ok to put it in a children’s vitamin supplement, right?

The mantra of the sixties…“don’t panic it’s organic”…:rolleyes:

The Poppy is a good flower, the morphine used appropriately is good. Used addictively is bad.

:rolleyes:

I am beginning to think however, that me, as a non-user and never user, that I might be in the super small minority of people that do not use it or promote it.

Here’s the link for Marijuana Anonymous:

marijuana-anonymous.org/

In addition, counseling might also be a prudent course.

Hemlock is a plant. God made hemlock but it will kill you. All plants are not good. Some are bad. Laws against bad things are good laws.

CharlesMatthewG, I see you list yourself as “Catholic”.

What does the Catechism of the Catholic Church say about this issue?

2291 The use of drugs inflicts very grave damage on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. They constitute direct co-operation in evil, since they encourage people to practices gravely contrary to the moral law.

It comes under the topic of “health”. We are made in the image and likeness of God and are not to do anything to our bodies that is harmful be it with alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs.

Using marijuana violates the 5th Commandment.

Maybe God made the marijuana plant so that we could appreciate it’s beauty and the wonders of nature, instead of using it to numb our senses and destroy our brain cells?

No need for me to jump in…everyone else already figured out that you’re a moron…

No anger here! lol :slight_smile:

Legalizing marijuana will not change the fact that it is not good for you and can cause problems. As everyone here has mentioned, plants are not all equal or healthy.

God also made many plants that are toxic to us.

My advice to you is try to realize smoking weed is done for the benefit of the admiration of one’s peers and not for God’s admiration. Paz.

Only someone who is high on pot would say that pot is good.

I smoked it heavily for eleven years. I know what I am talking about.

-Tim-

This.

and this!

Smoking cannabis is considered rebellious because famous people such as Bob Marley and John Lennon did it in the sixties, not only that but people think they are being counter-cultural for smoking it like they are illumined to some great insight that everybody else lacks.
All of which really it comes down to what you said, the admiration of one’s peers.
I remember myself smoking cannabis, I felt like I was a rebel and the high was actually enlightenment. Well it turns out it wasn’t enlightenment, it was just a chemical reaction in my brain. That’s all drugs do in reality, they make you feel different to normal while at the same time, killing brain cells.

Smoking cannabis for 4 years, let me tell you that your mind is a temple in it’s natural state, after smoking cannabis it was like this very temple had been through the blitz. Regrettably I am definitely not the person I was before I started smoking and I don’t think my brain works as well as it did either.

Good observation. :thumbsup:

I don’t think CharlesMatthewG is interested in a conversation.

Why is it that people seem to overlook the lung damage of smoking pot?

HEHEHEHEHEHE. No anger here. Just looking at evidence why we should be cautious before legalizing it:D

Please provide some scientific evidence. As some know, some plants are harmful and poisonous.

Peace,
Ed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.