Marijuana type Job

DOCTRINE. Not someone’s opinion.

What about my Celebrex? My friend’s insulin?

You might want to read some of these publications (I linked only two of the 8 published journal articles from 2018 https://cannabinoids.huji.ac.il/news/publications):

It’s a great thing. I’m a medical user, and it may well have saved my life.

The issue is so-called recreational marijuana. Investors are hungry for profits and the health hazards of using it are on the back burner.

I am not referring to legitimate medical use.

It’s not like you specified. You phrase your posts like you think marijuana’s a bad thing altogether.

No splitting hairs please. Even medical marijuana use needs supervision. Because of the FDA looking the other way, no safe dosage standards officially exist. And each patient is different.

I don’t think anyone is saying it is. They just want to know what proof you have that using marijuana is a sin.

In my experience, I haven’t found a “dosage” that is inherently unsafe. If I consume it beyond a certain threshold, I go to sleep, and wake up normally (for reference, I’m a woman of medium height and frame).

Can’t say the same for alcohol.

It’s amazing how unwilling you are to follow your own logic to its natural conclusion. I wish you’d just have the honesty to say, “yes, alcohol should be illegal.”

Or cigarettes for that matter. Its was known long before the Surgeon General came out in 1964 that cigarettes are not good for you, they were called “coffin nails” as early as the 1880’s.

Like many medis, such as Warfarin is for heart patients. There is no standard dose. Each individual may change over the course of days.

Too bad…considering the many strong Christian messages in that series.

:thinking:

“non-binding” means it’s OK? The Pope talks like this for no particular reason? I don’t think so. Fair warning: this will not turn out well.

I would offer the idea that you should step back and look at truth for yourself. Organizations always shun substances and practices that expand thinking, but they sure have no problem with substances that dumb people down, like alcohol. Free thinking is never going to be welcomed by institutions that rely on control and constraint because you might come up with your own conclusions. Get the job and find out for yourself.

All the best!

twf . . . .

If “right-leaning” Catholics can disregard the Pope on those issues, even when he solemnly promulgates encyclicals, orders the Catechism to be revised, etc., then surely “left-leaning” Catholics can ignore his personal opinion on the legalization of marijuana :P.

I’m not sure what you mean here twf.

Who are those “right leaning Catholics” and what teachings are they “ignoring”?

And if they ARE “ignoring” whatever, is THAT a good reason for “left-leaning” Catholics to pick and choose doctrines that they can reject too?

Politics is needlessly injected into situations like that. For some, politics is like god. There are no right or left leaning Catholics. There are only Catholics. The choice in this matter is clear: don’t get a job like this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.