MARITAL BREAKDOWN- asking for prayers

desparately asking for prayers to help my marriage to Steve. I have been on for over a year and a half and have desparately asked God to restore my marriage.

We have been doing nothing but fighting and arguing about our marriage. he tells me he no longers care, I can tell whomever I want.

All I want is a normal loving marriage and I cant seem to achieve that. He is so hateful and nasty and loves to call me names which are highly insulting. I would get banned from this site if I wrote what he said.

so, I am asking for some heavy duty prayers. Much appreciated.
Renata

My dear sister Renata,I'm sorry you have to hear the verbal abuse.No one deserves to be called names or be belittled.Does your parents live close to you?Maybe you could stay with them for awhile to give yourself some time away from the situation.Please talk to your Priest.I will be praying for you,Rocky.

Both my parents have died. I cant go to my sister, she would I am sure blame me for not being a good wife, none the less Steve is straying.

I am very alone.

Please talk with a Priest and Catholic Social Services.They should be able to help.I will keep you in prayer,Rocky.

God bless you Rocky for your caring responses.

Renata, it’s Monday morning here and I’ll be getting ready for Mass soon.
I’ll particularly remember you when I receive the Lord in Communion.
Love, Trishie

:hug1: I am so very sorry, I know we cannot even imagine the pain you’re going through right now. Please never forget who loves you unconditionally!!
(((hugs)))
Love, Ljubim

Praying for you. May God help you in your marriage.

Praying for you two as well.

Something I’d like to share that might help. Nothing is gained in a heated argument, when it becomes flared, you have to discipline yourself to stand outside of it, including your emotional state, and not allow Steve to get you riled up, at least do not show that you are. It’s about reaction that he’s trying for, and failing to react, remaining calm, not reciprocating the insults, will diffuse the emotional attacks. Think of it this way, a child stomps their feet in a temper tantrum, you as the adult are not going to get riled up do to it, it’s the childs fault for letting their temper get the best of them, you cannot come down to their level, otherwise it becomes a battle of wills, and who has the bigger temper. As the parent, you calmly tell them to quiet down, and if they don’t there will be repercussions. You do not react emotionally when you punish them, nor do you play their game. In this case, you are no longer playing his game, and you will find that his inability to push your buttons will cause him a little frustration at first, but he’ll get the point and see that he can no longer get you all worked up any more.

Back to the child reference, if you gave in to their demands every time they had a tantrum, you are teaching them they will get their way only if they have a fit, if they realize it gets them nowhere, they stop using those tactics. It will not be easy at first, but once you start to see things change, you’ll realize you are on the right path, and to keep it up, eventually things will smooth out because they do get the point, that what they are doing no longer works.

I can pray for you with all my heart…and better yet I will tell you what has sustained me for 26 years in a marriage that has been a very heavy cross.

Consecrate your home to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus. You can go online for resources on how to do this. I’m sorry I don’t have a link ready to post. Set an altar somewhere in your home for prayer .When the cross becomes so heavy you don’t know how to get through the next hour no less the next day go there and envelop yourself in His Great Mercy. He will sustain you and Mary will take over.

The Lord loves you and He has not nor will not abandon you.

Jesus I trust in you …Mary take over.:::signofcross:

Praying very hard for you renatas and for your husband that you find peace and joy in your marriage.

Asking for continued prayers.

Praying to give you courage and strength Renata ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

For the intentions of renatas, that she and her marriage may be healed, in accordance with God’s Holy and perfect will:

Psalms
Chapter 143

A psalm of David.

LORD, hear my prayer; in your faithfulness listen to my pleading; answer me in your justice.

Do not enter into judgment with your servant; before you no living being can be just.

The enemy has pursued me; they have crushed my life to the ground. They have left me in darkness like those long dead.

My spirit is faint within me; my heart is dismayed.

I remember the days of old; I ponder all your deeds; the works of your hands I recall.

I stretch out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land.

Hasten to answer me, LORD; for my spirit fails me. Do not hide your face from me, lest I become like those descending to the pit.

At dawn let me hear of your kindness, for in you I trust. Show me the path I should walk, for to you I entrust my life.

Rescue me, LORD, from my foes, for in you I hope.

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your kind spirit guide me on ground that is level.

For your name’s sake, LORD, give me life; in your justice lead me out of distress.

In your kindness put an end to my foes; destroy all who attack me, for I am your servant.

Amen.

Praying in earnest that your husband’s heart will warm and soften…
and that his eyes will open wide to behold the beautiful love he has right there beside him in you!

• In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.*** Amen!***

We beseech You,O Lord,to visit this home,and to drive far from it all the snares of the enemy:let Your Holy Angels dwell theirin so as to preserve us in peace;and let your blessing be always upon us,Through Chrirt our Lord,Amen.

I am so discouraged despite all the prayers and prayers, nothing good is going to happen. I think I have very patient and after almost 18 months…

Asking for continued prayers that my marriage to Steve will be restored by God's grace.
Amen.

Dear St. Monica,
troubled wife and mother,
many sorrows pierced your heart during your lifetime.
Yet, you never despaired or lost faith.
With confidence, persistence, and profound faith,
you prayed daily for the conversion
of your beloved husband, Patricius,
and your beloved son, Augustine;
your prayers were answered.
Grant me that same fortitude, patience,
and trust in the Lord.
Intercede for me, dear St. Monica,
that God may favorably hear my plea for

(For the marriage of Renata and Steve.)

and grant me the grace to accept His Will in all things,
through Jesus Christ, our Lord,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever.

Amen.

[quote="wardrandolph, post:16, topic:181805"]
We beseech You,O Lord,to visit this home,and to drive far from it all the snares of the enemy:let Your Holy Angels dwell theirin so as to preserve us in peace;and let your blessing be always upon us,Through Chrirt our Lord,Amen.

[/quote]

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.