Marital Intimacy Question/Please help

Hello, all:

A previous post of mine addressed marital initmacy and now I fully understand why my spouse has been reluctant to have relations. Here is our problem: My spouse is able to start our relations but unable to finish them. We believe this is related to his hypertension treatment. I am having no difficulty. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I am infertile (required a hysterectomy at age 30). Quetion is, if my husband is unable to climax despite my infertility, should we avoid intimacy unless/until he can? Also, is it sinful if I am able to climax but he is not? I'm not trying to be overly scrupulous, but just trying to understand Church teaching. Thanks and God Bless.

I recommend you foster relations. We need the comfort of each other while here on earth in order to help each other to heaven.

If you can find a way, just help him to relaxe and savor the peace of being with you. This is very helpful toward removing the stress that is generated by the job or career. Grow toward making the home your escape from the world of here and now.

I hope you succeed and are able to fight like a great couple of spiritual warriors during the day.

God bless you!

i would continue. There is no assurance he will not climax, so you have to go forward thinking of the positive. Has he seen a doctor about the condition? perhaps the Dr could change the prescription?

My prayers are with you.

One of the purposes of conjugal love is the binding of the couple. Climax and fertility are not the only factors to consider. Continue as long as it brings you closer together:)

Peace,
Kathy

[quote="Irish_Girl_68, post:1, topic:204354"]
Hello, all:

A previous post of mine addressed marital initmacy and now I fully understand why my spouse has been reluctant to have relations. Here is our problem: My spouse is able to start our relations but unable to finish them. We believe this is related to his hypertension treatment. I am having no difficulty. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I am infertile (required a hysterectomy at age 30). Quetion is, if my husband is unable to climax despite my infertility, should we avoid intimacy unless/until he can? Also, is it sinful if I am able to climax but he is not? I'm not trying to be overly scrupulous, but just trying to understand Church teaching. Thanks and God Bless.

[/quote]

Hi Irish Girl,

I think you need to ask a faithful priest this question. It is okay to have relations when you are infertile as long as it ends with the sperm in the woman. When I had a medical problem at one time where I was unable to have intercourse for 3 months I asked my very faithful priest what we could do and he said that we could make it through the 3 months and his prayers were with us. I know that we are not allowed to climax unless it ends with intercourse. How long does your dh have to be on the B.P. medication? Can you ask your doctor for another kind of medication that does not have this side effect?

My prayers are with you both.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.