Mark Cahill

Does anyone know much about this guy? He’s an evangelical protestant and has a section on his website about how to witness to Roman Catholics, and he uses the Catechism to show how the RCC is “wrong” and teaches doctrine not in scripture.

I want engage him conversation about why he believes this to be true, and just wanted to see if anyone knew much about him. I already have a sense of who he may be because he promotes Jack Chick on his website.

Pray for me that when and if I do get to chat with him, its in the spirit of humility and charity, because in the first 10 minutes of his online talk I already got fired up.

I don’t know anything about Cahill, but CA has a 6-part tract about Jack Chick here. It’s excellent. (It’s what started me on the Road to Rome.)

God bless you and your endeavors,

Ruthie

I would suggest examining what he is saying.
I have and the Truth speaks for itself.

Most Catholics do not believe all that the Catechism says.

If you read it, really read it, you will most likly fall into that catagory and start seeing the man centeredness of it rather than a Christ centeredness.

Mark simply points out some heresy’s that you can see for yourself.

In time the RC will change these and add others.

I will be praying for Christ to show you the Truth, not me, not Mark, not the RC hierarchy, but Christ.

Is that section about witnessing to catholics on his site? I checked but I can’t find it. If so please tell me where to look. He seems to be a sincere guy, but maybe misguided and misinformed. Good luck with him. If it gets rough just remember what a friend of mine said (he’s a catholic): “you can’t cure ignorant unless ignorant wants to be cured.”

markcahill.org/listen2.html

The second sermon down, listen with your Catechism to be sure and verify.

There are a number of RC teachings that you did not know.
But you may have known.

May Christ lead and show you what HE wants you to know.

PS Please pray for guidance and wisdom from God with this.

Michael.

I think 1edyson just wanted some info about Mr. Cahill and his ideologies, not accusations about how you think Catholics are heretics. You might want to read the posting rules again.

Welcome to the forum-- we look forward to your meaningful, charitable and intelligent contributions.

Possibly I was mis-understood.
I did not say that Catholics are Heritics…
I was simply meant to answer a question.
And I gave a resource for the truth (which scares some people) to be found.

In the Bible is says that we are to test ourselves in the faith and to examine the Scriptures, for there are many wolves in sheeps clothing.I was also careful not to send my own ideas, but to have the person ask God to show them the truth, as man changes his mind about truth frequently, the Scriptures are rock solid and do not bend to a man centered doctrine.

Michael.

Either way you are off topic, which breaks forum rules, and some might consider what you have written to be proselytizing against Catholicism, also against forum rules. If you want to discuss how Catholics follow man-centered doctrine, start a new thread and you will have an appropriate place to debate your ideas.
:thumbsup:

Thank you… :slight_smile:

I would disagree. I would say ALL poorly catechized Catholics-Christians don’t believe all that the Catechism says or even know what it says as a matter of fact. But that All properly Catechized Catholic-Christians believe and take it all. We’d be non-Catholic Christians if we didn’t. I’ll look for your other thread, but what don’t Catholics believe?

And welcome to the forum!

-edit-

and thank you for the link to the talk.

How do you know what Catholics think? Do you know every 1.5 Billion of them to draw such a conclusion? The Catechism is from Scripture. Every church is man made, except for the Catholic church…unless you call Jesus the Man.

Welcome.

You have done nothing in violation of board rules.
Thank God not all Catholics think as OTCA.

Some other things is says in the bible:

Matthew 18

17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Luke 10
16"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

John 20
21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

1 Timothy 3
15if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

2 Thes 2
15So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Matthew 16

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Is Cahill a former Catholic?

I have read some of his stuff. An anti-catholic by any other name…

God bless you on your journey in dialog with this man, I fear that it will just frustrate you. He is pretty convinced in his beliefs. I was not aware that he did debates though. I had always thought he was on hire for churches to have him speak at their churches on subjects ranging from anything from evangelization to yes Catholicism.

It was my feeling that he was not willing to stick his neck out on the line and debate his thoughts he so passionately puts to paper.

God bless

Good stuff, thanks for the link.

No i was never out to debate him. Simply to create a dialogue with him. Listening to the, witnessing to catholics mp3 really frustrated me, and I just wanted to help shed some light on some of the half truths he was spreading about what Catholics really believe, especially when it came down to the Eucharist. But he’s been unresponsive to my questions thus far. The more I learn my faith the more i find it profitable sharing the truth in a charitable manner rather than trying to go into circular debates with people.

Gee, you suspiciously sound almost exactly like another new poster on here called Underdog.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.