Mark Chapter 8 Verse 38

I was reading this verse today ( Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this faithless and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in all his Father’s glory with the holy angels.)

Today, someone asked me why I would be absent tomorrow from school( I am attending Divine Liturgy tomorrow morning.) I don’t know if I didn’t want to tell her, or maybe I was being a little scared to say so. Now I’m worried. Is this something that I can confess? I think I even started to cry a little.

I believe I am scrupulous. Maybe I’m worrying over nothing. I’m so sorry that I posted so much today. I came here to try and get some help with my scrupulosity.

Did I put this in the wrong spot? Should I put this in Sacred Scripture forum?

Don’t worry so much! God knows you are scrupulous and he also knows you love him.

Yes, I would confess it, but I feel sure your priest will not make a big deal of it. Peter denied Christ three times and he was our first pope. Christ loved him. He loves you.

God bless, and please don’t cry. Just go to confession and, in the meantime, confess to Jesus and tell him how much you love him. Personally, I wouldn’t do it again, though. It’s an honor to let others know how much we love God. (I know you know that.)

God bless.

Thank you for your words. Other things have happened that could fall into this category. But maybe it is not a mortal sin. I will definitely mention this at my next confession.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.