Mark of the beast...

The mark of the beast is a failure to reach perfection. It is symbolic.

7 represents perfection or completion. 6 represents falling short of perfection, missing the mark or never reaching completion. 666 means really, REALLY falling short.

That’s all. It should not be taken literally. Catholics don’t read the Book of Revelation literally. That is not how it was written. It is highly symbolic.

The Book of Revelation is at the end of the Bible for a reason. One was supposed to have read and understood everything prior, the whole Bible, before one can ever expect to understand the end. The Bible is a story, and you have to understand the whole story before you can understand the end.

-Tim-

Our Lord says in the Gospel of John:

[INDENT]1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
2 In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.[/INDENT]

Trust in Him. He will always show us the way. …"

Being troubled and being prepared are two different things. I don’t look forward to the possible torture or anything, that is of course a troubling thought, but that is no reason not to prepare myself against against the coming deception.

The scriptures say there will be a great apostasy or ‘falling away’ from the church. Have you ever considered that you are part of that apostasy? Especially as you are trusting mans word about this rather than the church of the living Gods teaching? So how are you being prepared? If you are not part of the church, you’re not getting the fullness of the truth and you’re getting others ‘mans’ opinions of the truth.

1 Timothy 3:15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2

The Man of Lawlessness

2 As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we beg you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as though from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one is revealed, the one destined for destruction. 4 He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that I told you these things when I was still with you? 6 And you know what is now restraining him, so that he may be revealed when his time comes. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed (the temporary time when satan is released from prison to raise havoc on the holy ones). , whom the Lord Jesus will destroy with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. *11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

Jesus said there will be many false messiahs and false teachers, and that says deceptive signs and wonders before the return of Jesus Christ. And that Satan will be released for a short time before the return of Jesus Christ.

IF you want to be prepared, belong to Jesus Christ’s church and drink of the fruit of the vine which will give you eternal life. Jesus made a covenant with God with us and told us to drink of His blood (the wine) and take and eat His body (the consecrated bread), the true food of heaven which will save your soul.

John 6:54 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

:thumbsup:

Thank you I edited this in…

John 6:54 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

Ok then tell me the absolute truth. What is the mark, who is the antichrist, who is the false prophet.

I want your personal guarantee Karen. Should I follow what you say and find myself in hell because of it I would like to know that I can present my church credentialed guarantee and get out of hell.

I’m sorry. I just realized you’re not Catholic. So the viewpoint of the Church really doesn’t carry much weight with you. Maybe you should consult Jack Van Impe’s Web site for the information that you’re seeking.

There’s also a site called Rapture Ready. I’m not going to post the link, because it’s not in line with Catholic teaching. But it’s easy to Google. It’s loaded with tips for someone with your viewpoints.
Sadly, you will not get support for your ideas from orthodox Catholics.

The catholic church carries a lot of weight with me. I have a great respect for it and it’s leaders and people. However as you realize some things that are said are beyond my ability to accept from great respect alone.

I have seen some debates over the rapture but honestly its a bonus. If it happens that would be awesome, I hope it does, but i’m going to prepare for the worst just incase it’s a misinterpretation. Thats what I mean by being prepared.

Well, I will tell you the Truth as I understand it to be as it is Written in Holy Scripture, taken on its face value :

The mark: will be a solid item placed in the right hand or forehead that will be monitored( we have chips implanted today and we have drones and other survailence) or knowledge of his number 666 and name( think credit/debit cards). every move you take,will be known. Everything that needs to be bought or sold will be known. It is a loyalty mark to the man the Scripture calls The Anti-Christ. A visable sign. Today we have crucifixes. Catholics make “the sign of the cross” . That society will have their items collectively referred to as the Mark of the Beast. Satan is imitating those holy things of Christianty. he always imitates.

The Anti-Christ: A man who at some point will be in-dwelled by Satan who wants to rule the world. At some point he declares himself “God”.

The false prophet: the other man sometimes called a beast. he will be anti-Christ’s man who unites the world under one “religion”, a religion devoid of the true Christ . Labels like "Christian, Muslim, Hindu, whatever, will be hate speech. We will all be one. Keep your mouths to your self or you die.

There is no such thing as a get out of hell free card.

I am not asking anyone to change their beliefs. Your faith in Christ will suffice.

Saying that, if this is the 1000 years of perfect peace promised by the Word of God, we got big troubles.

Are you saying that the Sign of the Cross and crucifixes are marks of the Beast right now or will be made so in the future?

Oh, good Lord NO!!!

What I was trying to say is there are today “signs” that even a non-Catholic can recognize as a catholic sign or if one is wearing a cross-respectfully of course- a person is “seen” as a Christian, Or, if you see a man wearing a skull cap and a prayer shawl, safe to assume he is Jewish. Or a woman wearing a hajib, Muslim. There will be ‘signs’ particular to Anti-Christ that will allow a person to immediatey know that there exists loyalty to the beast.

That is the way I think these things should be prefaced.

I have always felt that the mark would be explicit and observable by some means as well. I think there will be a singular decision preceding the mark. The knowledge over that decision varies a lot in my imagination of it.

Thank you for that clarification. :slight_smile:

On another note, I think all we as Catholics can do regarding end-times beliefs is present the Church’s teachings. Perhaps, if you prayerfully study them, you will get a greater sense of what our Church says.

catholic.com/tracts/the-rapture

In conclusion, Martin Luther, who is obviously not a Catholic, said: “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”

I’m not comfortable with my brief words here, and since I can’t edit I’ll rephrase.

What I mean is if the protestants are right and the rapture comes, then we will see Catholics and protestants gathered up together. Even though the catholics weren’t expecting it it came as a wonderful bonus.

If the catholics are right and protestants are wrong about the rapture then the protestants will be dismayed and unprepared.

I don’t know with certainty which interpretation is correct. Deceived or not I am still held responsible for my own actions. That is why I try to learn the possibilities so that when future is made present I will not be surprised.

Best plan is to be prepared.

This is true, but as of 2013, Ive never seen any of these ‘false prophets’ that are able to show the crowds of people great signs and wonders, the only thing Ive seen from people claiming to be a God or divine in nature is talk, nothing else. and God said there will be many of these false prophets, so maybe we are quite a ways off from the end times, the only mysterious signs and wonders I can think of are UFOs, but no one person is claiming to be responsible for them though, so these may be un-related.

It will be interesting when all these false prophets do show up though, that will be amazing to see someone do true magic and bring fire down from heaven, raise people from the dead, etc. And I truly believe 99% of people seeing this will be instantly convinced of anything the false prophet tells them, since it will be impossible to prove how they are doing all these signs and wonders. I rest assured that once i see a person like this, to not trust in them or worship them, but probably still ok to witness some of their magic.

Here’s a great post from a similar thread. I think it outlines the teaching of the Church very well.

forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=5234316&postcount=3

Quick, correct and right to the point:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.