Mark Shriver on The World Over

Did anyone catch The World Over Live special last night on EWTN?

Raymond Arroyo featured a segment with Mark Shriver to discuss a book about his father.

His dad was pro-life but Mark is not.

Mark Shriver will be the commencement speaker and receive an honorary degree at the College of the Holy Cross on May 28. Mr. Shriver is currently Vice President and managing director of Save the Children.
While a 2002 candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Maryland, Mr. Shriver stated in a Washington Post interview, “Women’s issues are critically important and I will continue to fight for a women’s right to choose; family planning funds; maternal and child heath funding and education for girls both here and abroad.”

Why is someone like this featured on EWTN?

Why shouldnt it be?

The interview was not about Mark Shriver, but his father, the well respected and beloved Sgt. Shriver. Mark, like all the other Kennedy’s, is entitled to his opinion.

If the show wanted to highlihght Sargent Shriver, they should have interviewed a relative or friend who believed in the teachings of the church. Giving Mark Shriver such coverage lends to the idea that it is okay to be a cafeteria Catholic. The show also gave coverage to Save the Children , a group which has affiliations with Planned Parenthood.

Martin Sheen was also on the World Over many episodes ago and he is is a supporter of so-called gay marriage. I do not like the direction this show is heading.

Arroyo keeps his show heavily tilted to the Right. I wouldn’t worry about the political direction changing at all- except perhaps more to the Right.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.