Marrage or Priesthood

What vocation has more sacrifices, marrage or priesthood? They both have huge sacrifices, but which one has more?

Sorry, I honestly could not answer your poll. I believe they both involve sacrifice if one takes their vocation seriously. There is no way I could rate the two, but I’ll be interested in seeing how others respond.

Neither has “more”. They have different sacrifices. “More” is just a numerical counting, which can vary by the individual and the circumstances.

[quote=otm]Neither has “more”. They have different sacrifices. “More” is just a numerical counting, which can vary by the individual and the circumstances.
[/quote]

Not only that but they are not mutually exclusive nor are they the only vocations in life.

There is a call to religious life, to consecrated life, and to the single life just to name a few others.

Neither has “more”. They have different sacrifices. “More” is just a numerical counting, which can vary by the individual and the circumstances.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.